300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Treasury Employees Union

Are there any experienced LEOs' that can provide some insight into how vital it is to be a member of the NTEU? I understand the core benefits of union representation in the event of an unfavorable situation that may result in reprimand and/or job removal and what not, though is it necessary to enter into the union prior to basic LEO training, or even within the typical two-year probationary period?

Are there unspoken consequences to not being a member of the union?

What percentage of LEOs' are members of the union?

I appreciate any response. Thanks.

Originally posted by antwatersx View Post
    Are there any experienced LEOs' that can provide some insight into how vital it is to be a member of the NTEU? I understand the core benefits of union representation in the event of an unfavorable situation that may result in reprimand and/or job removal and what not, though is it necessary to enter into the union prior to basic LEO training, or even within the typical two-year probationary period?

Are there unspoken consequences to not being a member of the union?

What percentage of LEOs' are members of the union?

I appreciate any response. Thanks.
    Kansas is a "Right to work" state, so you don't have to join the union, but the union guys take that stuff very seriously. At my full-time job, if you don't join, the union guys will try to get you fired, verbally harass you, basically treat you like crap. I know it sounds childish, but that's the way it is. Believe me all of this happened when I started my job. I am generally anti-union and had no intention of joining. After a couple months of abuse, I joined just to shut them up.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 298 members and 4643 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X