X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Police training

Do any states accept Military Police Training as a lateral move

Only if you stay at a Holiday Inn Express
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

That was funny right there...

Perhaps you should get your self enrolled into a real academy, do 6 months, and find out what police work is really like...That'd be the smartest move. MP teachings is enough to get you killed...

Florida does for some unknown reason...

What was your training and when was it? Whats your experience level?

Comment

I could be misunderstanding your question, but read into this for MN

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/newpost/reciprocity.asp
        Last edited by Mayberry CO; 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Does MD? I think I read somewhere that they did, but can't say for sure.

Comment

Texas and Florida are the only two that I know of....

But as suggested, why not go through a state certified academy....? Your GI Bill will cover most academies if you sponsor yourself or if you get hired on by an agency, you can double dip while you are in training......

I learned a ton of stuff....stuff that has probably saved my life a time or two since MP School doesn't tend to teach such stuff......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              stuff that has probably saved my life a time or two since MP School doesn't tend to teach such stuff......
              Thank god I get to go to the DACP academe.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                Thank god I get to go to the DACP academe.
                The one here looks a lot better than what I recall from Fort Mac......

At least they are teaching people how to search folks properly, how to utilize equipment properly, and some decent PPCT/Un-Armed Self Defense.....among other things......

Comment

Originally posted by old mp View Post
                  FL, NM, TX, MN, in all states you must take some additional state specific training.

Comment

in TX you may challenge the TCLOES (or however the acronym is) As long as you were an MP in TX. however, most decent departments will still require you to go to the acadamy. I actually went through a mini acadamy kind of thing at Ft. Hood.....It was only about 3 weeks, but it is much better than the actual USAMPS. Although when I get out I'm going to go to the acadamy, I'll challenge the cert. test in TX, but I'll still go ot the acadamy. Makes more sense, as military law enforcement is WAY differant than civillian law enforcement. Even something as basic as arresting someone....as an MP, you do not have statatory arrest, you only have the power to apprehend a military person, or detain a civillian. Even the laws are differant.
                    Want to start a website? I run Host Lonestar.
                    Texas Discussion blog about texas...forum as well

Comment

I am a USAMPS instructor and I say you do not want to go into civilian LE with out going through there academy full term.

I did not go through POC at Hood how ever I went through MPOC so I dont know that much info.

They are right USAMPS puts out just enough info to get you hurt or worse yet killed.
                      Dedication gets you to the door, commitment gets your through it

Comment

From the horses mouth...

Strike deep by the way......I did time in the 18th MP BDE...Mid 90's-99. I saw your sig line...

Comment

my old plt sgt brought that over and we used it as a platoon matto
                          Dedication gets you to the door, commitment gets your through it

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                            From the horses mouth...

Strike deep by the way......I did time in the 18th MP BDE...Mid 90's-99. I saw your sig line...
                            "Strike Deep....Now that brings back some memories... I was walking with a buddy to the chow hall and we passed an officer... we saluted and the officer said "Strike Deep"...my buddy returns with a "Wipe Clean"...and so...being the young officer that he was, he was cool enough to make us push up Germany, than turn us in..."whew"

Comment

Originally posted by old mp View Post
                              Florida does. Please visit:
                              http://www.policestandards.org/eot_faq.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3291 users online. 165 members and 3126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X