300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDW Academy

I am starting the academy at NDW soon. Can anyone tell me what to expect. I am going into this blind. I would like to know about the academics, pt, etc. Any info on the academy would be great. Any other info for someone that is just getting started would be great also.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did your process take. I've applied to NDW announcements twice, and haven't heard anything past NOR's both times.

Comment

I used to work for NDW however I never went through the academy. Anyways.. I wouldnt expected to much in the pt department other than a few days. I know they did have simunitions.

Lochraven. Call navy region NW human resources out in Washington state as they run the lists that go to NDW.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

The closing date for the position I put in for was Mrch 21. I did not here anything until the second week of July. I then went through the Medical and stuff all in a week. I didn't go through HR in Washington state. All my paper work and contact person went through the Navy Yard HR office. Depending which region you applied for depends on which HR your paper work goes through. I had a friend that will be starting at the same time. He got PAX River station and all his stuff went through Washington State HR.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Orlando. How long ago did you work there. I don't know where I'm yet, but It will be one of the bases under NDW command. How did you like working there? I wanted to get PAX River but thats not going to happen at least for a while.

Comment

ID...i am in the academy right now. we started monday (4 days ago). i am sending you a PM. Lochraven... PM me for any questions you have.
            "...Uncommon Valor was a common virtue."-- Adm. Chester A. Nimitz

Comment

ID42, I am in the same boat you are. i just got done doing part one of my medical physical and am going back for part two on the 28th of August. I am seeking info also...

Anyone out there with info, it will be greatly appreciated....Also any info on where to live for a reasonable price...

Comment

Either of you gents know what the salary is? I see its in the GS05 scale, but over the phone I was told 37k. But the posting says 31K. Anyone know?

Comment

LochRaven,

I just got back from doing part one of my physical exam for the medical, and it was amazing...the area is gorgeous and the cost of living is HIGH.... I found the lowest rent price to be $1,200.00 plus....and that was with a 35 minute drive from Annapolis. The 37k is with the 20% locality pay included on the 31k...I am torn weather or not to take the job because one paycheck will go to just rent. I want to get in the Fed system real bad...but not bad enough to burry myself in debt. I have one month to decide.

Good luck with your search...

Comment

Oh, ok. Now that makes sense. The only scale I could find though said 4.95% or similar. How was the physical?

Comment

It was ok...hearing test, vision test, blood work, EKG...

Comment

I went today and did my paperwork for payroll and other things. I had a friend just start at GS-5 step two. I am now done with all my paperwork. I'm just waiting for the final phone call from Washington state.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas1 View Post
                          I found the lowest rent price to be $1,200.00 plus.....
                          That's average for the DC area......and that's without utilities tossed in I am suspecting..... Toss in fuel, groceries, and all that....and it sucks to live out there making that low of a salary......BTDT......

Just an FYI to some of you thinking to make the move to DC area.....

Comment

ID42...Hope it works out for you. I am going to be turning down the job because of the LOW pay. I make twice that here in Cleveland with two jobs. Hope all goes good...GO NAVY!!!!

Bearcat Thanks for the advise...I would be burried in debt if I were to take the job...Guess iwill stick it out here in Crappy old Cleveland Ohio.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3309 users online. 166 members and 3143 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X