300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army MP investigator

Anyone have any information about this position? I was talking to an army buddy of mine and he mentioned that at his base they have "MP investigators" that wear plain clothes/ drive unmarked cars but are still military? I asked him if he meant CID but he said there was a difference.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

They investigate non-felonies on post...... They do get felonies if CID opts to not investigate them....or they stumble onto them.....

One has to be an E-4/SPC and above MP to get the school at Fort Leonard Wood, MO.

If you get the school....doesn't mean you will get a position....as a lot of those positions are going to civilian DOA Police Officers....due to the Army needing to deploy all MPs.....

What else do you want to know...?

At my post....we have about 25% Enlisted Army MPs....and 75% DOA Police Officers filling the spots....with a retired Boston Detective as the supervsior (he's civilian)....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      ....with a retired Boston Detective as the supervsior (he's civilian)....
      Our MPI chief is active military; I think he rids the short bus with helmet to work...... Hell I think 95% of the section chiefs and command staff ride the same bus to work. ohh I'm sorry to be more PC they car pool.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

When I was an MP, I took the MPI course and the CID course via correspondence, even though I wasn't in MPI or CID. Today, those same correspondence courses are closed, except to those in MPI or CID. It seems stupid that an MP is no longer allowed to take those law enforcement courses.

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
          Anyone have any information about this position? I was talking to an army buddy of mine and he mentioned that at his base they have "MP investigators" that wear plain clothes/ drive unmarked cars but are still military? I asked him if he meant CID but he said there was a difference.
          What info are you looking for? My wife spent the better part of her career doing MPI the “cool factor” of wearing civilian clothing and driving an unmarked wore off real quick I think it was about the same time the “stuck in office with paperwork” factor set in. she did love her job and I know she had more fun then the law allows in a job. Are you looking at getting into the military and doing that? Or just general info?
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
            Our MPI chief is active military; I think he rids the short bus with helmet to work...... Hell I think 95% of the section chiefs and command staff ride the same bus to work. ohh I'm sorry to be more PC they car pool.
            I'll leave my comments about the DES staff around here alone....at least for another couple of weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by me_again View Post
              Today, those same correspondence courses are closed, except to those in MPI or CID. It seems stupid that an MP is no longer allowed to take those law enforcement courses.
              Not to be a smart ***....but most of the enlisted MPs I know don't have the time to be takeing any correspondence courses......at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Not to be a smart ***....but most of the enlisted MPs I know don't have the time to be takeing any correspondence courses......at all....
                I've served as an enlisted MP, as well as a commissioned MP. The MPI and CID correspondence courses were pretty easy. Granted, when I was active-duty, we weren't being deployed all the time, like they are today. It was a different era back then.

Comment

Originally posted by me_again View Post
                  I've served as a commissioned MP.

Comment

In todays Army, are commissioned MPs in charge of the civilian Army police? How does the rank structure work with civilians in the mix? What kind of rank do the civilian officers have?

Comment

Yep we have a LTC as the PM, he is the director of DES right now, my understanding is when his time is up he will be replaced by a civilian, then he will fall under the garrison Cdr. We are also in the process of converting over and are in the very beginning stages, so……..some one else might be better able to describe the details better.

Comment

Yep we have a LTC as the PM, he is the director of DES right now, my understanding is when his time is up he will be replaced by a civilian, then he will fall under the garrison Cdr. We are also in the process of converting over and are in the very beginning stages, so……..some one else might be better able to describe the details better.
                        The military rank structure is clear. There are MPs from E-1 up to E-9... and there are commissioned MPs from 0-1 on up. What kinds of ranks do the "civilian officers" have -- and how to they mesh with the ranks of the MPs? Specifically, what are the ranks of the civilian officers?

Comment

I did it for 3 years at Fort Polk, La. It was a great gig at the time. We were always busy and never really had nothing to do. 24 hours on, 48 off. Its tough though to maintain a decent schedule though because the detachment or company always is trying to pull you in for PT or ranges or training or connex drills...It started to get old. I did however get some awesome schools and gain some awesome experience. I worked this before DA police took over. Everyone in the section was an E5 except the supervisor as an E6. Unmarked Impalas, fully equipped with radar, cameras, you name it. We had such a drug problem that the CG wanted it "fixed" so we came up with a criminal patrol team. All we did was go out on weekends, run traffic and hit it hard. We had awesome caseloads stemming from traffic stops and our provost sgt as an E8 was all for it. In fact, our team of 5 lead the entire state with DUI's for 2 months straight. Being proactive was a huge part of it for me. I loved it. Its an awesome gig for a military member.

At Fort Drum, they're not proactive at all. They dont want proactive investigators and they really didnt do much but case work. There, they were 90% civilian GS-7's and 8's with the lead detective as a GS 9 or 10. There like 2 soldiers in their section but it was mainly civilian ran.

I think alot of it depends on the installation. Some places it was cool to work and others it would suck because you're in your cubicle for 10-12 hours a day sitting in front of your computer. You also see how jacked up the patrols paperwork can really be when you spend the majority of your time doing cleansing statements fixing their mess.

And of course, working it as a civilian is cool too on a military installation because no one really knows who or what you are. I think most people on a given installation assume you're active duty and do still try and pull rank. You'll get asked a million times what rank you are and when you politely tell them that you dont have rank, they get all huffy. For some reason, they dont like dealing with civilians. And yet, its always nice to say to some jerk who wears alot of stripes or some shiny bars, "What rank am I? Oh, GS - none of your business." 25 year old captains dont like that at all. Their bully factor just went out the window.

Comment

If I were one of those "25 year captains" and some slimy civilian told me "none of your business," there'd be some hell to pay.
                            Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                              If I were one of those "25 year captains" and some slimy civilian told me "none of your business," there'd be some hell to pay.
                              What are you going to do?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3730 users online. 139 members and 3591 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X