300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo radar

Is anyone utilizing photo radar (speed cameras) on their instillation? We began late last week I have no idea where the darn things are at. I have a feeling bad times are a brewing on post with this latest and greatest program.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

We have them in my city. I'm not a fan.
    Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

They should not be hard to spot, I will not say how to spot them because who knows who reads this, but I will say that with the cameras there is no discretion.

Comment

I would check with the Prosecutor from your base, about the legality of this .... I believe that military bases are coverd under a CFR, and if they are, you can not enforce speed or red light for that matter using photo radar because CFR specifically requires a LEO to ID the driver, and also becasue CFR is considered a criminal offense and not a traffic violation.

We looked into Photo Radar on the G.W.M.P and the AUSA's that researched it told us this, they said we would have to change the law and make speeding a non criminal offense, for this and several other reasons, the program was abandoned..... hope this helps,,, I truely think that they are a WASTE of time, and do very little to control speeding and other violations.

Comment

In NYS, the law had to be changed to allow camera enforcement. Previously, a summons for a moving violation had to be issued to the operator of the vehicle. That is not feasible with a camera, so the State amended the law to treat the camera offenses like a parking summons, and the registered owner is responsible for the summons and it can be mailed.
          Basically, NYS does not care who was driving your car, if it went through the light, you pay.

Comment

2971511.. Bases do not use CFR's for driving regualtions. They may happen at the Pentagon or other DoD facilities but all traffic violations are written under the assimilative crimes 18 USC 13.

DACP, your Base CO has allocated the funds for photo radar? Good to see they offer the means and tools for base P/O's to operate decently!
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
              DACP, your Base CO has allocated the funds for photo radar? Good to see they offer the means and tools for base P/O's to operate decently!
              Well the post has no money for this more like they diverted and siphoned funds. I have an idea of where some of that money came from, can’t prove it but I have an idea. Any how I am mixed on this whole deal. Someone is going to get hung out to dry over all of this and post is going to have to spend even more money that it does not have. As I understand the details the penalty is administrative not monetary, so hopefully the boss is not an A hole when dealing with this, nor is he a push over.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

2971511.. Bases do not use CFR's for driving regualtions. They may happen at the Pentagon or other DoD facilities but all traffic violations are written under the assimilative crimes 18 USC 13.

Not totally true Fed... You can only write 18 USC 13 if the state traffic code makes the offense a criminal offense. If the violation is civil, as many states are, than you must use CFR.

The pentegon has a totally different set of rules and procedures allowing the issuance of three different summons if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by smk99 View Post
                  Not totally true Fed... You can only write 18 USC 13 if the state traffic code makes the offense a criminal offense. If the violation is civil, as many states are, than you must use CFR.

The pentegon has a totally different set of rules and procedures allowing the issuance of three different summons if I recall correctly.
                  Yes but bases dont have their own CFR's like the VA or agencies within DOI or facilities that fall under FPS jurisdiction. Therefore 18 USC 13 is the only way to go with traffic citation.

Comment

Yes but bases dont have their own CFR's like the VA or agencies within DOI or facilities that fall under FPS jurisdiction. Therefore 18 USC 13 is the only way to go with traffic citation.
                    All DOD bases are allowed to use 32 CFR 634. That is what allows them to issue 1805's for non-criminal traffic violations.

"TITLE 32--National Defense

Subtitle A--DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

CHAPTER V--DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY

SUBCHAPTER I--LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS

PART 634--MOTOR VEHICLE TRAFFIC SUPERVISION"

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...34_main_02.tpl

Comment

32 CFR is what allows the DoD to control traffic on base. There is no fineable violations. Its great if you are using 1408's.

Comment

32 CFR is what allows the DoD to control traffic on base. There is no fineable violations. Its great if you are using 1408's.
                        Well it is what the US Attorney for the Eastern District of VA has all the DOD use to issue 1805s for any offense that is not a misdemeanor.

Comment

At hood we wrote Texas Traffic code cites. And there are fineable offenses, the newish no driving with a cell phone.
                          Want to start a website? I run Host Lonestar.
                          Texas Discussion blog about texas...forum as well

Comment

Originally posted by smk99 View Post
                            Well it is what the US Attorney for the Eastern District of VA has all the DOD use to issue 1805s for any offense that is not a misdemeanor.
                            All because of the one magistrate who refused to hear cases regarding bases as having "open and public" roadways? Im pretty sure that it would be thrown out since you would have to place MA's since there is no collateral fine.

At hood we wrote Texas Traffic code cites. And there are fineable offenses, the newish no driving with a cell phone.
                            On 1805's or actually state of texas citations? I know Great Lakes uses state of Illinois citations with the fines going to the court of North Chicago.

Comment

All because of the one magistrate who refused to hear cases regarding bases as having "open and public" roadways? Im pretty sure that it would be thrown out since you would have to place MA's since there is no collateral fine.

On 1805's or actually state of texas citations? I know Great Lakes uses state of Illinois citations with the fines going to the court of North Chicago.
                              The ruling that the base roads were not public has been bypased by the state passing a law saying that they are public highways even if they are restricted.

The reason for using the CFR is that the US-A says you can not use 18 USC for non criminal offenses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3182 users online. 152 members and 3030 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X