Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeen Proving Ground

Posting this all over...any help would be appreciated
    Anybody work for this agency? I know its Army Civilian. I just applied and would like an honest assessment of the job specific to this location. I understand that some DOD gigs are crappy and I'd like to know if this is one of them. Like many others here I am just trying to get my foot in the door. 25 yoa, bachelors, work for a DA for the last two years, worked loss prevention and uniformed security before and loved both. Help me out guys (and gals) if you know anything!

Originally posted by mcnichcf View Post
    Posting this all over...any help would be appreciated
    Anybody work for this agency? I know its Army Civilian. I just applied and would like an honest assessment of the job specific to this location. I understand that some DOD gigs are crappy and I'd like to know if this is one of them. Like many others here I am just trying to get my foot in the door. 25 yoa, bachelors, work for a DA for the last two years, worked loss prevention and uniformed security before and loved both. Help me out guys (and gals) if you know anything!
    Try WWW.USAJOBS.com great place to start
    " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

yeah I already applied but you have to apply on the army civilian web site. I am trying to get a hint on what morale is like, shifts, that kinda thing.

Comment

What happened after you completed your resume on the Army Civilian web site?

Comment

Originally posted by audio View Post
          What happened after you completed your resume on the Army Civilian web site?
          Once you send the stuff in....it will go to the Army HR.....when the cutoff is over, a computer will shift through them looking for key phrases.

Once all the resumes have been culled, they will send them over to DES (Directorate of Emergency Services) who will go through them....and make calls to folks they are interested in talking to....

From there, there is a PT test, security forms to fillout, a physical, then if you make it through all that....they will set a hire date.....

Comment

that sounds fine, similar to any other LEO process. I'm not that worried about it. I have apps out all over but they are pretty close to me and I think I would enjoy the position due to the fact that I have a security background and this would be a big step up. I am more interested in how morale is, what guys think of the job, turn-over rate, that kinda stuff. If anyone has any knowledge I'd be very appreciative (not that I'm not for the responses I've gotten already).

Comment

I was offered a job at APG but turned it down because the pay for working in that area just was not enough to live comfortably. As to working conditions, I dont know about APG but 0083's at bases in VA have some serious issues. Two VA bases will not allow the officers to carry a loaded weapon. The officers call the departments "Mayberry" and that is being nice.

Comment

Does anyone know the PT requirements for APG? Specifically the 2 mile run time? Its obviously not the stated times and requirements in the Police/Security packet thing because that is only a 1.5mi run.

Comment

http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r190_56.pdf

Page 37.

(1) Run 1.5 miles (2.41 km) in 17:30 minutes.
                  (2) Execute 21 pushups in two minutes.
                  (3) Execute 29 sit-ups in two minutes.
                  (4) Sprint 300m in 81 seconds.

This is the Army Regulation that covers The Army Civilian Police and Security Guard Program.....

They do something different than that...then they are in violation of Army Policy......

Comment

Yeah, I've got that right here. But on the USAJobs and CPOL website(s), it indicates that the test consists of sit-ups, pushups, sprint, and [2-mile] run. This is specifically for the Security Guard / Police Officer positions listed for the APG location.

[ For the heck of it - heres the copy of that section.

*Applicant must meet physical requirements for Security Guard be able to pass annual physical examination and annual Army standard physical fitness test. The physical fitness test consists of pushups, sit-ups, and a 2 mile run. ]
                    Last edited by LochRaven; 03-11-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LochRaven View Post

*Applicant must meet physical requirements for Security Guard be able to pass annual physical examination and annual Army standard physical fitness test. The physical fitness test consists of pushups, sit-ups, and a 2 mile run. ]
                      Ummm....that's not right. AR 190-56 covers Guards/DoA Police Officers....and that should be the standard....no matter what post you are at since it's Army Reg.....

If they are doing something else, then they are doing it on their own....and that's not usually a good thing....

If they are no obeying one set of Regs....what else are they not obeying....?

Just a thought.....

Comment

Bearcat is right...HOWEVER..when I applied a ways back, both Aberdeen and Ft Meade were doing the Army's PT test, and not going by the Regs. This was before the reg was updated and I think CPOL just has not updated thier info. I could be wrong though. I don't see how they are getting away with it if they haven't chamged it.
                        Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Hey Bearcat there is an update for the 190-56 it takes out the sprint, and replaces it with some stupid obstacle course, and some alt events, those updates should be out within the next month or so.
                          The Reg is different at some instillations depends on what the union has/ is negotiating.
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

holy smoke

[QUOTE=Bearcat357;1142132]http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r190_56.pdf

Page 37.

(1) Run 1.5 miles (2.41 km) in 17:30 minutes.
                            (2) Execute 21 pushups in two minutes.
                            (3) Execute 29 sit-ups in two minutes.
                            (4) Sprint 300m in 81 seconds.

i may have missed an age requirement listed in previous posts, but when i did basic in '90, the requirements for max'ing a PT testwere apprx:

(1) 2 miles in 14.5 mins for the 18-22 age range
                            (2) 75 pushups in 2 mins
                            (3) 65 situps in 2 mins
                            (4) no sprint requirement

Comment

Actually, thats the requirement I found too after looking. That is, if they are now using the basic military style PT test for the Civilians as well. If thats the case, some of that may be slightly out of my league. On the other hand, within the updated civilian police / security packet, it does not list those requirements. Too bad theres no listing for who to contact.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6236 users online. 352 members and 5884 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X