300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department of navy police

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any info on navy police do they have recruiters on USAjobs has posting but very little info there’s a posting that has 203 locations are all locations open thank you for any info

Most all Depts Nationwide are understaffed and hiring, not just the Navy.

Comment

I would say probably any other branch (AirForce, Marines, Army) doing DOD Police would be better than the Navy. The Navy has a low budget on their Bases since all the money goes to the ships. Also, the Navy is the only branch that doesn't allow guns on base. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Right now with the current climate on police you could find a Law Enforcement job just about anywhere. If you want something chill, check out VA police or Federal Reserve Police.

I got civilian and military Police experience if you have any questions send me a PM​

Comment

Originally posted by midwestcop88 View Post
        I would say probably any other branch (AirForce, Marines, Army) doing DOD Police would be better than the Navy.
        Yeah maybe but the Navy is still the only DoD service branch sending their Police Officers to FLETC UPTP. That can have some value if you are planning on using DoD Police as a foot-in-the-door to another Federal Uniform Police job. There are even some local depts in some states that recognize FLETC UPTP as an "academy equivalent" and just require either a condensed "academy course" or follow-on/FTO in order to be a state-certified LEO.

The Navy may or may not have the worst civilian police program, but that UPTP cert has value and could give you more options if/when someone chooses to move on.

Comment

I'm currently onboarding with DON Police at NSF Dahlgren, VA. I've applied with the DON many times over the years and here is what I've come to notice. The USAJobs postings that have open dates of up to a year and list all of the possible duty locations are just resume farms. I've never received anything back from applying to one of those postings. The current position I applied for was not a USAJobs online application. It listed the HR POC and I had to email my resume, SF-50, and DD-214 directly to them. From what I can gather they attend UPTP at FLETC in Glynco, GA. The job is a mixture of working access control at the gates and patrol of the installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofc_549 View Post
            I'm currently onboarding with DON Police at NSF Dahlgren, VA. I've applied with the DON many times over the years and here is what I've come to notice. The USAJobs postings that have open dates of up to a year and list all of the possible duty locations are just resume farms. I've never received anything back from applying to one of those postings. The current position I applied for was not a USAJobs online application. It listed the HR POC and I had to email my resume, SF-50, and DD-214 directly to them. From what I can gather they attend UPTP at FLETC in Glynco, GA. The job is a mixture of working access control at the gates and patrol of the installation.
            Great little base. Sister and her hubby work there. I visited last year, a very nice DoN officer took me down to the gun line and old 16" gun barrel lot. Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post

Great little base. Sister and her hubby work there. I visited last year, a very nice DoN officer took me down to the gun line and old 16" gun barrel lot. Very cool!
              That’s awesome! I visited the base once a few years ago when I was contractor. The company I was working for at the time built a vehicle for the Marine Corps and we did some testing there. Small installation but exactly what I’m looking for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2491 users online. 134 members and 2357 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X