300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad information

I've notice that there's a lot of bad information being put out on this forum about being Army Military Police. I've been in the Army for 8 years now and am a MP. One of the biggest things that's being put out that false is that if you join the Army as a MP, you will not get any experience at law enforcement and you will be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. That is definately not the case. Granted there are a lot MP's that are deploying right now and there is a high need for them downrange. If you get choice of duty station and you choose a duty station that does not have deployable MP units, you won't deploy. I know that some of you are going to say that all MP units are deployable because that is their primary mission. For most that is correct, but there are certain military post whose MP's have not deployed since either war has started, and they're not going to anytime in the near future. If you go somewhere like Bragg, Campbell, Drum, or Hood, then yes, chances are you will deploy, but there are others that don't deploy. I've been stationed in Germany for the last 4 years and I've deployed for 2 of those years, but have also worked patrol a lot since I've been here. My point is, if you want to go in the Army and become a MP, and work the road and not deploy, there is a way of doing that.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5036 users online. 271 members and 4765 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X