Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force Security Forces LEOSA

Good Morning All,

Is anyone familiar with LEOSA and being a member of Air Force's Security Force's? Do Reserves qualify? Are there any requirements for this?

Thank you for educating me

Are you enlisted? If so, most times its at your commander's discretion. However, I believe for Reserve you have to have certain amount of time before you qualify for one. For ARMY MP, it was 3 years Reserve or 10 years active duty (yea this makes no sense at all.)

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Calitown Thank you sir - I am not enlisted but considering serving my country in a reserve capacity and debating Army MP vs Air Force Security Forces. I am weighing my options and trying to understand the differences between the two and if either will issue/approve LEOSA. Thank you

It's not supposed to be at the commander's discretion. There are FAQ pages at leosaarmy.com and leosaairforce.com, which are the application websites for those service's LEOSA cards.

Comment

Don’t enlist just so you can ccw off duty...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha I would not waste my time. I have been wanting a new challenge for quite some time now. I am in a pretty consistent rut where I work my 8-10 hours, run, stretch and repeat M-Fri. I’ve wanted to serve our country in some capacity for quite a while now.

Serving in the military is something that one has to do full heartedly. Enlisting for LEOSA is insane in my opinion. How old are you? What do you wanna do in the next 5 to 10 years?

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed and that isn't the sole objective of enlisting/serving. Same speal as everyone else - mid 20's, work in Cyber Security, have a law enforcement dream however no prior military service and would enjoy serving the country to receive Military Law Enforcement experience, a clearance, add weight to my resume, further my education etc.

Below is the AF link. Active, Guard and reserve as well as those retired or seperated after 10 years are covered. The bad thing is they have an outside vendor that charges $$. Glad my DOJ Credentials are free LOL

https://leosaairforce.com/
      Last edited by in625shooter; 10-21-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Join the military before you get too old to join. No age gap to be a cop. If you get hired by a department you don’t want to be the guy that’s always away for military duty. Specially if it’s a small department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3365 users online. 265 members and 3100 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X