300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi

Does anyone know what privliges AFOSI agents have. For example : Being able to have a concealed weapon.

AF OSI agents are authorized to carry their government-issued service weapon concealed on duty (which means pretty much any time except when on leave).

Armed Forces regulations prohibit the concealed carry of private weapons under authority of government credentials (unless the individual has independent carry authority, such as a CCW permit).

Hope this helps!
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

AFOSI regulations say that the agent must carry their baton or OC spary, handcuffs, and extra magazines while armed, even if off duty... so it's not very fun to carry off duty as OSI lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin226 View Post
        AFOSI regulations say that the agent must carry their baton or OC spary, handcuffs, and extra magazines while armed, even if off duty... so it's not very fun to carry off duty as OSI lol..
        When did they add the extra mag requirement? Besides they issue an OC canister that is the size of a can of Binaca, and last I checked they don't specify what kind of cuffs, and I know agents who were using these off-duty: http://tuff-ties.com/

Realistically unless they got away from the tiny can of OC it's much more difficult to conceal the 228 itself than it is to hide a set of cuffs and the OC.

Comment

actually I dont recall the reg saying extra mags are required, but isn't there something that mentions the approved cuffs? I think its stupid to require handcuffs anyway, since you shouldn't handcuff someone alone if you had to pull your gun in the first place.

Comment

I worked with some OSI guys on a task force and I was told they had to wear everything (OC, cuffs, baton, etc.) Some of the older ones didn't wear anything. LOL But considering what we did, it wasn't needed anyway. I have to give props to OSI, they are a good agency and their agents are well equipped.

Comment

Just an FYI for folks looking at OSI as a career......

Two AFOSI Agents Killed in Iraq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/6/2007 - ANDREWS AIR FORCE BASE, Md -- Special Agents Ryan Balmer and Matthew Kuglics of the Air Force Office of Special Investigations were killed in the line of duty in Kirkuk, Iraq, Tuesday.

Balmer, 33, a technical sergeant stationed at Hill Air Force Base, Utah, and Kuglics, 25, a staff sergeant stationed at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, were deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. They were traveling in a convoy there when it was struck by an improvised explosive device.

Balmer is originally from Mishawaka, Ind. Kuglics is originally from North Canton, Ohio.

"These men went to Iraq to serve their country, and they have made the ultimate sacrifice in their brave performance of duty," said Brig. Gen. Dana Simmons, OSI commander. "These warriors are examples of America's finest and their sacrifice is proof of the heroes that make up the United States Air Force. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the two families. They will be missed, but will never be forgotten."

Comment

That's a shame. RIP.

Comment

This is horrible, I served in OSI up until last year when my enlistment expired... I worked with Ryan Balmer when he was an AT and before he went to FLETC... I dont know what to say

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6591 users online. 374 members and 6217 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X