300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic marine question

What is the minimum amount of time in the military if you join the Marines? I know before I was interested in Army SF, but I guess that to do that there is a minimum enlistment time of 5 years. So for the Marines, what is it? I'm guessing 2 or 4.

For active duty it's at least a 4 year commitment. 8 years if you count the time in the inactive reserve. (4 years active/4 years where you return to civilian life but are still obligated to service if called on.)

Comment

Oh ok, I didn't know there was 4 years inactive required after that. Well, in those 4 inactive reserve years does it usually come up? I mean, is it likely you'll be called back again in the reserve years, or is it more of a last resort just-in-case thing?

Comment

Highly unlikely..
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by centralTMC View Post
          I mean, is it likely you'll be called back again in the reserve years, or is it more of a last resort just-in-case thing?
          I have a buddy who just got called back by the Army. He's been out for 2 years. He heads to Ft. Benning next week, then after 25 days....he's off to sunny Iraq to get assigned to a MP unit.....and will be on orders for no less than 440 days (Lord only knows where the Army came up with those numbers....but that's what his orders say....)

Comment

If you are considering being an MP in the Corps you should know that they have raised the enlistment to 5 years....I am currently an IRR for about a year now and I havn't been called up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6810 users online. 352 members and 6458 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X