300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAFCP annual pt test

Been DAFCP for a few years now. Most in the DAFCP world have the 1.5 mile run and push-ups for annual pt test. I have been hearing that they are moving to require the initial hire 5 event pt test every year. Anyone heard info on this? Would he brutal to have to pass that every year...
    Last edited by FarFromHome; 10-20-2020, 02:32 PM.

I apologise...this was discussed in another thread

Comment

So I read the new revised AFI. It mentions alternative events for those currently employed with medical conditions. Seems like if you can have documentation of health issues it's up to the commander to approve these events...dummy drag ...stationary bike....walk. I reached out to union and still waiting for reply. Anyone know when this all goes in effect for people. Half of us civilians at my location can't pass this standard. Civilian security forces is the perfect career field for us broken veterans....now they will begin to replace us with younger fitter people.

Comment

Been a week and haven't heard back from the union in regards to this major increase in pt standard for civilians. I was informed that even though the new AFI is posted as a march 2020 update and visible to all to see it's not set in stone. Seems so air force if true. I was informed it still has to pass through hoops like the union before it becomes law. Anyone have any input on that?

Comment

Yesterday I spoke to our units Defense Forces Superintendent about the increase in PT standards for civilians. He told me that although the new AFI is posted and viewable to all it's a ways off from being Air Force law. Still has to pass though a few hurdles to include the union. My gut says that something that is so clearly designed to replace older du-ii with younger ones can't pass the union. He then told me an interesting story about one of the specific officers that had his hand in writing portions of it which was shady.

Comment

I reached out to union leaders awhile back and finally got a response. He responded with he would like me to send over what they are proposing so he could take a look. Uh. It's the new 2020 AFI that's already published. Not very comforting that my union leaders aren't aware. Almost comical. Ha ha

Comment

We had our first ever Security Forces conference call today with all leadership to include unit commander. At the end he asked for questions. I brought up when can expect the new AFI to start being implemented. I was told Air Force always publishes these AFIs before they pass through the hoops of the checks and balances. Meaning unions. He said we were a ways off before they start to really take a look. If unions were ever gonna take gloves off and fight for something this major increase in PT standard should be it....it is a form of age discrimination meant to weed out old for the young.

Comment

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed, most every other LE agency do a 'one and done' PT. Then again...DoD doesnt see their civilian police as a real civilian agency

Well. The increased PT test standard has been approved and we are actually beginning to implement the 5 event test for our next rounds of testing. Our CBA has us all take the annual pt test every February. This February we must all pass the 5 events... I'm a broken down 45 year old disabled veteran.... Doubt I can pass it every year..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5589 users online. 344 members and 5245 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X