300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ex-Marines except Dishonored Ones

There are a couple of threads on this forum that make reference to "Ex-marines."

The ONLY "Ex-marines" are those who had earned the title "Marine" at one time, but who have dishonored the Corps or their country by their actions, i.e., by committing serious crimes; by loss of their personal integrity; by speaking ill of their country and our beloved Corps; by betraying their country, Corps, or community; or by committing serious actions of immorality.

Earning the title "Marine" is a life changing experience earned by hard training, strict discipline, buckets of sweat, gut level courage, loss of sleep, extreme stress, teamwork, and adherence to the Marine ethos. Once you are awarded the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, it's yours for life.

Unless you dishonor the Corps. And then, you will become an "Ex-marine."

Just to set the record straight!

God bless & watch your Six!

Semper Fidelis

Signed, Proud Marine and career LEO.
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
    There are a couple of threads on this forum that make reference to "Ex-marines."

The ONLY "Ex-marines" are those who had earned the title "Marine" at one time, but who have dishonored the Corps or their country by their actions, i.e., by committing serious crimes; by loss of their personal integrity; by speaking ill of their country and our beloved Corps; by betraying their country, Corps, or community; or by committing serious actions of immorality.

Earning the title "Marine" is a life changing experience earned by hard training, strict discipline, buckets of sweat, gut level courage, loss of sleep, extreme stress, teamwork, and adherence to the Marine ethos. Once you are awarded the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, it's yours for life.

Semper Fidelis

Sir, Your post should make every US "MARINE" proud Thanks for making the dubious distinction between being a Marine and living the life of a United States Marine! -Salute~***** SEMPER FI~

Comment

Semper Fidelis

And one more thing...Once a Marine, Always a Marine, the rest are just history

Comment

Semper Fidelis

I agree.

Guess that would make John Murtha an X-marine.

Comment

Before one of you sees my username and assumes i am or was a Marine, i'll just clarify it now. I have never been a Marine and most likely won't ever be one. The name was used for an online game I used to play about 15 years ago and i've used it ever since.

I did serve in the Army for four years and one of those was overseas.

Lemme ask you guys another question too. I know Marines have always been the ones to look at when looking at military professionalism and hard charging. With the War in Iraq and the focus on mainly Army units in combat, do you guys think people have lost a little respect for the Corps?

I know the Marines are over there too, but it seems like if you want to see combat these days you don't join the Marines, you join the Army.
          "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Don't take the bait!

Don't take the bait and don't feed the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
              Before one of you sees my username and assumes i am or was a Marine, i'll just clarify it now. I have never been a Marine and most likely won't ever be one. The name was used for an online game I used to play about 15 years ago and i've used it ever since.

I did serve in the Army for four years and one of those was overseas.

Lemme ask you guys another question too. I know Marines have always been the ones to look at when looking at military professionalism and hard charging. With the War in Iraq and the focus on mainly Army units in combat, do you guys think people have lost a little respect for the Corps?

I know the Marines are over there too, but it seems like if you want to see combat these days you don't join the Marines, you join the Army.
              Thank you very much for your military service to our country.

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post

Tha Marines are an invasion force. The Army is an occupation force the way its set up now. Without the Marines, the Army couldnt function properly and with out the Army the Marines couldnt funcion properly.

One Team One Fight. Hooah.
                It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6197 users online. 374 members and 5823 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X