300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former-Marines make good cops*

I have found over the years that many exceptionaly good cops were former Marines. The only problem is they think they are 'bullett proof". But they can make snap dicisions with a greater propensity that the avg. academy guy. But they are already well grounded but so RIGID and DUTIFULYY SWORN TO DO THE JOB AND GET THE JOB DONE!*

Not just Marines, I have found this to be the traits of many vets from ALL the branches.

Comment

Marines are jarheads. Rangers are where it's at.

Comment

Rltw!!! 2-87

Comment

Rangerz?

Rangers are Marine wanna-be's.
          Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Margaret must just love the USMC!!

Originally posted by Margaret Hood View Post
            But they can make snap dicisions with a greater propensity that the avg. academy guy. But they are already well grounded but so RIGID and DUTIFULYY SWORN TO DO THE JOB AND GET THE JOB DONE!*
            Prior military experience does help by building maturity and responsibility, but RIGID is not a good thing to be as a LEO. RIGIDITY and and the ability to make sound DECISIONS are conflicting traits.
            My 2 cents, being prior military and after more than 30 years as LEO.
            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Woof-dog, give me a break. Who do you think teaches Marines how to jump out of planes? Most of the schools that recon and force recon go to are Army schools (They go to Army Ranger school, basic airborne, HALO, pathfinder, etc.) . Even their MP school is on an Army installation. They are no better, just differant. I for one never wanted to be a marine, so I know I am not in that "wannabe" status you mentioned. Good to be proud of your branch of service though.

RLTW

Comment

Love my Marines but I've seen exactly what you're talking about Irish. Kicking in doors and wooping rear the Marines are the best but if I needed to talk with somebody I always liked to have another Sailor with me. The Navy has the fine art of BS down better than any service and this makes it a lot easier to talk people down w/o getting dirty.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Ex401MP,

Didn't mean to hit a nerve, brother. Was challenged and responded in kind, in true, proud Jarhead fashion.

Had a full career in Marines before becoming a cop. Served with Navy, Army, and Air Force, and don't regret any of it. Yep, we're different and that's OK. It takes all of us to defend the nation, but I'll be a proud Marine until the day I push up daisies!

Bleeding Scarlet and Gold...

Stay Safe!

(Marines ... if it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed...)
                  Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Yeah, we're better...
                    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

It is all good . Like you I am proud to be a part of something. Besides, just like active duty, there is plenty of inter-service ribbing going on . Ex- Army, but bleed blue now. Besides, everyone knows that Rangers Lead The Way!! (lol, comon, gotta love that!! class 2-87)

Comment

True, true...

Take care and stay safe, brother veteran & LEO!
                        Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Sorry to burst anyones bubble...

In the Air Force Security Forces field, a great deal of the training we get is LE related and I am in the AF Security Forces field but I do nuclear security. Marines migth be able to follow orders and they might be very disciplined but with all of that ability to follow orders, do they have the ability to make their own decisions that are not on a battlefield? Its great that they have that disclipline but I believe that is what makes the AF SF and the USMC LE fields so much different. Dont get me wrong, Im not knockin' on the USMC or any other branch, but with my experience of working next to the Army every once in awhile, it seems like the AF takes control of situations on the installation because the Army MP didnt know how to react during a domestic. Even when I was in high school, My Master Gunnery Sergeant in JROTC told me that I should go into the AF for LE training if I was going to be a civilian cop because the USMC didnt have the kind of training that the AF has. Like I said, this is just what I have experienced.
                          Mama said these was my magic shoes. Mama said they'd take me anywhere.

Comment

I know and work with people from all branches. Marines are o.k. but would be the last picked at my work of the five branches.

They are Gungho, but are harder to train to think outside the box and deal with calls on their own.

I dont mind working with them as an Army guy myself, but at my job I would say Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Marines is the order we rank em' and pick em'.

Comment

A lot of people are intimidated by Marines.
                              Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12500 users online. 500 members and 12000 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X