300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoN Police-direct hiring?

I see the DoN is hiring a lot of police officers through direct hiring which does not go through usajobs. What do people know about this process? You just e-mail your resume. Seems like they are on a big hiring push, curious if they still have the 25% recruitment bonus as well

Thanks-

It's only for Navy region midlantic, specifically Kittery ME, Philadelphia and a few bases in Virginia. I'd stay away from it.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Still going through FLETC or are they going back to the regional academies?

Comment

FLETC with a contract
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I hear, SB and several other bases are hiring massively. A lot more officers are leaving than they can hire at the moment.

Question.

When a Navy base (which I assume DON is department of Navy) or any other military base, are hiring civilian police officers, do they put you through BCT? Or do they just let you in, and put you on a probationary period?

Comment

• Khanraider97
          Khanraider97 commented
          Editing a comment
          BCT is bootcamp is it not?

• orlandofed5-0
          orlandofed5-0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you asking if they send folks to Basic training? They do not. Civilian police officers working for the military are not in combat positions.

In order to qualify for a civilian police officer position with the military, you must have prior arrest authority or education in criminal justice.

• Khanraider97
          Khanraider97 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. That's exactly what i'm asking. For a minute there I thought you said civilian hired police officers are in combat positions.

You said that to be hired you have to have an education in criminal justice, does that mean you still go through basic training if your not a civilian police officer? I honestly think they should still go throug.

• orlandofed5-0
          orlandofed5-0 commented
          Editing a comment
          They go to the police academy. They have no need to attend basic combat training. The majority of those hired are ex military police from the various branches

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8740 users online. 423 members and 8317 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X