300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CID question

I am currently in the process of applying for CID. I have to write an autobiography in the presence of the SAC and was wondering what I should write. Do I start from the beginning of my military career? And how long should it be? Any current or former CID agents there that can help me with this?

I'm a former CID S/A and the CID application process has totally changed since I applied (02). Unfortunately the intern program was also deep-sixed which I hate to hear. I even heard today from one of my CID buds going civilian CID (MPFU), that they're doing a test project where MP's go to ASAC and straight to WOCS and WOBC...what a crock of sh*t!!! Anyway, I would give a brief description about yourself, your family (if applicable), education, and military experience, and of course something that makes CID sound like the best thing since sliced bread, but be sincere and not too corny. PM w/ the SAC's name. I know a really good guy over there who is a SAC now. Ask other agents if you can see their's if possible. Regardless, good luck. You know you have to give CID five years if accepted right?

Comment

Any more info since you've been there and done that?

I'll have my BS in CJ in about a month or so and I am interested in CID.
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I've heard that only civilian SAs withing CID,NCIS,OSI can arrest civilians. Is this because of Posse Comitatus?
        I can't believe I do this for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Kokoro View Post
          I've heard that only civilian SAs withing CID,NCIS,OSI can arrest civilians. Is this because of Posse Comitatus?
          Probably. But more accurately, it's because there is no federal statute of law authorizing ANY military personnel to make arrests of anyone in the U.S., be it military or civilian. These statutes do exist for civilian DCIO agents.

Any posted security guard or police person can "apprehend and detain" a lawbreaker temporarily until the paperwork is done. After that, the individual must be released or turned over to an agent authorized to make an arrest.
          Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Kokoro View Post
            This is true. Military S/A's can detain, work a case from initiation to closure, and prosecute, but not arrest.

LCPL, CID has a lot of great people in the organization, just some dinosaurs at the top. I've heard the new commanding general is cool, and they've made some reg changes which will free up time for case agents. Are you wanting to go active, reserve, or NG? If you have questions PM me.
            Last edited by bdc6196; 06-15-2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5934 users online. 333 members and 5601 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X