300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP to CIV COP

Anyone out there a former MP or Marine now a cop in the Chicago area? I have four months left on my enlistment and would like have something solid before its up. Problem is the testing process for all the Chicago area suburbs is drawn out, and requires applicants to appear at mandatory orientation briefs and POWER tests. Im on active duty in another state and wont be able to make these meetings.Any advice on how to overcome this problem, or just overall advice would be great.

Well aren't all processes long and drawn out? I think so, but its part of the game. How about this, how about why dont you get the days that you need to be there and put in for leave? I know it will take away from your ETS leave but thats just my idea!

Comment

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately its not though. Mission requirements wont let me leave until I get out. You gotta love the military. Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

Hiring goes on in small departments on a continuous basis. Larger departments may only hire once per year, but in small departments, when someone leaves, you need a replacement NOW. Illinois requires both the power test and the Basic Police Academy, but I hired numerous former Military Police, sent them to the 40-hour firearm training (mandatory), and put them to work until an academy slot opened up. Don't forget Sheriff's Departments, and remember, almost anywhere in Illinois (except East St. Louis) has better living and working conditions than Chicago, and housing, food, fuel, etc. are all cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by AIDTW View Post
          Anyone out there a former MP or Marine now a cop in the Chicago area? I have four months left on my enlistment and would like have something solid before its up. Problem is the testing process for all the Chicago area suburbs is drawn out, and requires applicants to appear at mandatory orientation briefs and POWER tests. Im on active duty in another state and wont be able to make these meetings.Any advice on how to overcome this problem, or just overall advice would be great.
          how did it go? find out anything usefull? I am not currently in law enforcement but I am in the military and going to talk with my drill, and first sgt on monday about reclassing. Have you found that being mp is good for civ pd applications or bad? I am asking since if it is good for civ pd applications I will go mp if it is bad I will go infantry.

Comment

just adding this to get notification of replies

Comment

I cant give you too much advice, since I am still in the military . I can tell you that I have plenty of friends who have gotten out after serving as an MP and have been hired on by civilian agencies with ease. It really depends on the agency and whos running it. I can also tell you that the experience you get as an MP will help no matter what in the civilian sector. But so will your experience as an infantryman. If you really like law enforcement though, I would definitly do MP, because its a great start.Ever considered the Marine Corps?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 292 members and 5342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X