300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0083 background question

so I was told that I would be starting a job as a 0083 police officer for one of the branches (I prefer to not disclose). I was given a report date and the whole nine yards left my civilian law enforcement position, and was preparing to move states when I get a call from my HR reps supervisor saying that I haven’t cleared adjudications yet and they were given wrong information that led them to give me a start date. I have no concern about my background, however I’m not sure how to proceed. My family and I are living with relatives pending my clearance and there’s no guarantee of a position now that I’m being told it’s still pending. Anyone had this experience or can shed light as to what may be occurring or how to proceed

Sounds like you weren't given an interim clearance to start. Not much can be done till either you're given a clearance or taking a job elsewhere.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

How long does adjudication take I keep getting new dates so I’m holding my breath until I hear a yes or no. I asked my HR if I need to start looking for a new job and they told me no, but in the meantime my family is being displaced. It’s just upsetting that I got a date to start and then was told it was pulled when I already left my job, sold my house, etc.

Comment

Adjudication can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. All depends on whose doing the clearance (DoD or OPM) and how backed up they are.

Comment

Good news gents,

I was officially hired as of today and got my final offer.

thanks to all of you and I hope to see you guys in the field!

Comment

Congrats. Don't know if anyone is hearging this but sort of related. I work for DOJ FBOP. We have Public Trust backgrounds that OPM does. They do an initial when we are hired but the main one isn't completed until 4-6 sometimes the 12 month mark as Orlando stated.

My question OPM is so backed up the talk from a lot of folks (from the HR office) is DOD is going to take over the BG checks for certian DOJ agencies.

Anyone hearing anything on this proposal?
            Last edited by in625shooter; 11-04-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleedblueaz View Post
              so I was told that I would be starting a job as a 0083 police officer for one of the branches (I prefer to not disclose). I was given a report date and the whole nine yards left my civilian law enforcement position, and was preparing to move states when I get a call from my HR reps supervisor saying that I haven’t cleared adjudications yet and they were given wrong information that led them to give me a start date. I have no concern about my background, however I’m not sure how to proceed. My family and I are living with relatives pending my clearance and there’s no guarantee of a position now that I’m being told it’s still pending. Anyone had this experience or can shed light as to what may be occurring or how to proceed
              Just out of curiosity, why would you leave a civilian LE position for a 0083 job ?

Comment

• J2H
                J2H commented
                Editing a comment
                I was wondering this too... many of the folks who do that get bored and run away

Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
              Congrats. Don't know if anyone is hearging this but sort of related. I work for DOJ FBOP. We have Public Trust backgrounds that OPM does. They do an initial when we are hired but the main one isn't completed until 4-6 sometimes the 12 month mark as Orlando stated.

My question OPM is so backed up the talk from a lot of folks (from the HR office) is DOD is going to take over the BG checks for certian DOJ agencies.

Anyone hearing anything on this proposal?
              DoD took back doing certain clearances from OPM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10931 users online. 403 members and 10528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X