300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAF 0083 Perm or Term

I am a 0083 at Langley AFB in Virginia. Langley is a joint base with Ft. Eustis. All 0083's here at Langley are Term employees, all 30 of us. Ft. Eustis, even though it is Army employs USAF 0083's and they are all permanent employees.Makes no sense, everyone questions it, nobody has a real answer.

How many DAF's out there are Term?

We were told by our GS-12 supervisor that we are only one of three left in the USA that are Term. Then a CMSGT told me yesterday that most of the DAF everywhere are Term. That was probably true when they first started hiring DAF back in the day.

Post up if you are Term or Permanent!

Thanks.

I heard that Edwards AFB in California has term guys while Plant 42 also in California has permanent guys.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Almost all the DAF announcements ate term. The few that are permanent are joint bases M-D-L/San Antonio and the reserve facilities
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

You might not want to be asking a military member a question about a civilian issue! You will get more correct answers by asking civilian personnel. As far as how many locations are still term, there’s more perm locations than term left. And many more will be switched over to perm In The near future.

Comment

Edwards AFB in California is Term (3 YR) but there is conversation going on about converting to Permanent. Plant 42 in Palmdale started DoD in 2010 from contract security and all sections (Fire, CE and LEO) began permanent. There has begun a "blending of Civilian LEO Police and military SF members just this month. There is a special pay package (983T) as a beginning police officer is a GS-6.

Comment

APG does special rate pay, too... We aren't LE for pay, but they do give us extra for it
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I am trying to find confirmation of something that was told to us by our SF leadership. Back in June or July there was a SF leadership conference in Texas and the leaders were told that big Air Force had already approved and already had signed off on an all 0083 Police GS grade increase. So this is what was briefed, all GS-6's will be made GS-7 and current GS-7's will be made GS-8 and so on. Has anyone else been told this? I understand that what is supposedly going on is the rewriting of the 0083 PD's to reflect this grade increase.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11598 users online. 423 members and 11175 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X