300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CID General Questions

I am just about to enlist in the Army. I am looking at going either the MP route or Military intelligence. I have my Bachelor’s degree so I was thinking about going the Commissioned Officer Route.

Anyways, I am interested in Law enforcement. And after the ARMY I would try to get in a civilian agency/dept.

I know that CID isn't an entry level thing. How long do you have to be in the army to join the ranks of CID? What is the application process/qualifications like?

I trust in your guys words of wisdom, as I hear recruiters just tell you what you want to hear...

Thanks!

Google should be your friend.....

http://www.cid.army.mil/recruiting.htm

Comment

If you are going to go the officer route you would be best to go with MI. CID does not have officer's who work cases. Only the enlisted and warrant officers work the cases.

If you enlist and go with MP you can apply with CID after two years. It's a two year time in service requirement for all MOS's, but it's a little easier to get into CID from the MP's. If you have your degree you might be able to get a waiver and apply much sooner. CID is currently changing the application process to get in. Don't belive too much of what your recruiter tells you about CID, they don't know ANYTHING about us and will only tell you what you want to hear about CID to get you to sign up. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnytarr
        Don't belive too much of what your recruiter tells you about CID, they don't know ANYTHING about us and will only tell you what you want to hear about CID to get you to sign up.
        Only recruiters that know anything about CIDs mission are the ones in the Guard/Reserves......as they are in the Unit....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4768 users online. 333 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X