300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any current CID Agents? (Info wanted)

I just got finished with 6 years as an MP in the National Guard. I'm still IRR. I've been a civilain policeman for about 2 years. I'm seriously considering applying for Army CID. Are there any current or recently out CID agents that could answer some questions for me? Please PM me.

Thanks in advance!

I probably can help you. My husband got out a year and a half ago. He was CID for 4 years. What do you want to know?

Comment

Thanks omar12 - I really want to do it but in order for it to happen I will have to sell my house and make arrangements for pets so it's a real big step and I'm just trying to make sure I have all the info. and make sure it's something I really want. I really appreciate your input and time.

1. Do new agents have to go to Belvoir for their first assignment? Or do you get to make a wish list?

2. Do new agents get assigned to investigations and then interview to go to PSD and fraud, how is it determined what area you go into at first?

3. How often do you have to move to a new location?

4. Is it more likely for a new agent to be sent to a combat area? How often and for how long are you there?

5. What is the general job satisfaction, does it seem like agents are pretty happy with their jobs or is there a lot of turn over.

6. Are you really allowed to do your job or is it like being an MP and its very restrictive.

7. What type of caseload does each agent carry, light, heavy, varies?

8. Honestly, would you recommend it?

9. What is the office environment like? Is it more laid back than being an MP, is it more of a civilian style of operation? I.e. is there any type of formations, group pt, stuff like that.

10. Does everyone seem to take their job seriously, or does it still have the military aspect of maturity, I guess - how professional is it compared to the rest of the army.

11. How long did the application process take?

12. Is there a lot of traveling involved or did you find your husband would be home every night (mostly).

13. How often do agents move into other federal investigative branches (civilian) and how often do you find career CID agents?

14. What are the chances you get booted back to being a regular MP.

Comment

Dont' do it!!! Hasn't 6 years in the army taught you anything........ no job in the army is cool RANGERS LEAD THE WAY...HOOHAH

Comment

These answers are my the best guess based on what I know, it has been 18 months since Ive been around it.

Originally posted by xx_n4cer_xx
          Thanks omar12 - I really want to do it but in order for it to happen I will have to sell my house and make arrangements for pets so it's a real big step and I'm just trying to make sure I have all the info. and make sure it's something I really want. I really appreciate your input and time.

1. Do new agents have to go to Belvoir for their first assignment? Or do you get to make a wish list? After you attened school at Leanardwood you will go to a newly assigned unit. Needs of the Army... Could be anywhere.

2. Do new agents get assigned to investigations and then interview to go to PSD and fraud, how is it determined what area you go into at first? You will start out doing general crimes, then could move to fruad later. You can volunteer for PSD but I can tell you most probies get sent to PSD after year. Hubby had orders for PSD when he got back from Iraqi but turned them down and got out.

3. How often do you have to move to a new location? They use to try to move you after your first year then is normal army every 2-3 years.

4. Is it more likely for a new agent to be sent to a combat area? How often and for how long are you there? Hubby had a co-worker going after only being an agent for 6 months. No sure how often, Hubby was gone for one year. One Difference in CID you do not deploy as whole unit. They will take single agents from different locations and you will go together under one unit name. Hubby was the only one from his unit to deploy at the time.

5. What is the general job satisfaction, does it seem like agents are pretty happy with their jobs or is there a lot of turn over. For the most part, its like any other job. However, CID is run by MP officers that have no investigative background. They can really mess things up!!!

6. Are you really allowed to do your job or is it like being an MP and its very restrictive. Whole different world then being an MP, hubby was MP 5 years CID 4. You'll be stuck behind a desk doing a lot of paperwork thats for sure.

7. What type of caseload does each agent carry, light, heavy, varies? Depends on how many agents you have in the office. At one point there was only 2 working agents in the office and hubby had 17 case he was working on.I think the normal case load is around 8

8. Honestly, would you recommend it? It was a great experiance for us. If you like criminal stuff, Rapes, suicided and fruad its good.

9. What is the office environment like? Is it more laid back than being an MP, is it more of a civilian style of operation? I.e. is there any type of formations, group pt, stuff like that. Laid back, they did pt 3 times a week and one of those was usually football or something. No formations, you were civilian clothing. No hard core thats for sure. You will work very long hours though!!

10. Does everyone seem to take their job seriously, or does it still have the military aspect of maturity, I guess - how professional is it compared to the rest of the army. Yes everyone is very professional and does there job. You have too.

11. How long did the application process take? The whole process took over a year for use, though it was put on hold for 7 months for a deployment to Kosovo.

12. Is there a lot of traveling involved or did you find your husband would be home every night (mostly). Personally We had more time together when he was an agent then when he was an MP. Hours can be long and will be long though.

13. How often do agents move into other federal investigative branches (civilian) and how often do you find career CID agents? Most agents make it a career and go warrant. Most already have so much time invested in the military they figure they might as well stay.

14. What are the chances you get booted back to being a regular MP. Pretty slim unless you really mess up. As long as you pass the school and are a decent agent you'll have no worries.

Comment

Are you thinking of going into CID as RA, Reserve or MPFU (Civillian)?

Comment

johnnytarr

Active.. There is a reserve unit in Columbus, OH which is the closest one to me and I had considered trying that first. However, I heard that you don't get much experience going that route. It's still a definite possibility though. Any suggestions?

I also applied for a civilian investigator (I think the title on usajobs was criminal investigator) position at the Columbus fraud investigations office. The closing date was just this week so I haven't heard anything, I don't know if I will be exactly what their looking for anyway for that position.

I thought civilian CID was only support personnel like forensics, records, etc... but apparently I was wrong.

omar12 thanks a lot for all the good info!
              Last edited by xx_n4cer_xx; 04-05-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

If you want to keep your current LE job, I'd go with the Reserves. We work with the Columbus office from time to time, especially if we have investigations in that area and don't have the manpower from this office to work it. (My office covers most of KY, all of OH, IN and the lower half of MI) You will get experience, but just not at the pace of a normal office. Don't be surprised if your experience come along with a deployment.

If you are going to come back on Active duty and want to go CID let me know.

PM me with your agency, Always looking for contacts to help out, as my office seems to spend alot on time running leads in Ohio.

Comment

I'm currently serving as an MP on active duty and am going through the process of putting together my CID packet, just did my final interview for my TS clearance, but the problem I may run into is I don't know if they take SSGs even though I meet all the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by tspinaker
                    I don't know if they take SSGs even though I meet all the requirements.
                    Enlisted Requirements:
                    - U.S. citizenship
                    - No record of psychological or pathological personality disorders
                    - No record of unsatisfactory credit
                    - Suitable character established by a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) leading to a Top Secret clearance
                    - No civil court or court martial convictions
                    - Physical profile 222221 or higher, normal color vision
                    - ST score of 110 or higher. ST 107 if tested on or after 2 January 2002
                    - Ability to speak and write clearly
                    - Minimum age of 21 with at least two years of military experience but not more than 10
                    - 2 years of college or at least 60 semester credit hours
                    - Maximum grade of E-5 Sergeant (non-promotable)
                    - 60 months of service obligation upon completion of the apprentice special agent course
                    - Prefer Soldiers with civilian or military law enforcement experience

For additional information, contact the nearest CID office or send an email to the CID Accession office at [email protected] or call 703-806-0360.

http://www.cid.army.mil/recruiting.htm

Comment

Times are a changing and E-6's are being accepted.

Comment

Yeah, I know the website says E-5 nonpromotable, but there was a SSG from the PMO at the place I'm working who got picked up for CID. Most people have told me that as long as you're an MP and you don't require any waivers, should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnytarr
                          Times are a changing and E-6's are being accepted.
                          You'all need to change your website then....

Comment

They may very well be accepting E-6's for active duty, but I believe it is still a maximum of E-5 non-promotable. However, E-6 is the maximum grade allowable for a Reserve unit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4420 users online. 264 members and 4156 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X