300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD/DON Statutory Powers of Arrest?

Did this ever get worked out? I heard that there was a push for this. Anyone have any current Intel on this? I was told that DOD/DON officers have statutory powers of arrest?

Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
    Did this ever get worked out? I heard that there was a push for this. Anyone have any current Intel on this? I was told that DOD/DON officers have statutory powers of arrest?
    Authority still comes from the base CO
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

No arrest powers... just apprehension

Comment

Originally posted by oef_vet View Post
        Apparently it’s still pending. Was reading this mandate

Comment

Originally posted by oef_vet View Post
          Under the UCMJ, isn't apprehension the word they use for arrest? Or is arrest another thing totally? It's been a couple years since I left the service.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

Under the UCMJ, isn't apprehension the word they use for arrest? Or is arrest another thing totally? It's been a couple years since I left the service.
            Honestly brother I’m under the impression it’s the same thing

Comment

So I thought it was something well established. Are officers trying to figure out if they have powers or not. That's not good imagine if they didn't but were out there taking people into custody and cited folks but did not have the authority. It would be chaos I tell you. Chaos. Lawsuits......

Comment

While an apprehension and arrest are the same thing, civilian police officers working for a respective military service do not possess codified arrest authority set by law. The authority to keep law and order is delegated to the CO who then delegates that authority to the XO and respective base law enforcement and security agencies.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

It's codified into law now, with last year NDAA, however it has not been implanted as of yet.

Comment

So therefore they do have arrest authority?

Comment

According to LEOSA standards, yes
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                        It's codified into law now, with last year NDAA, however it has not been implanted as of yet.
                        Can you post a link to that?

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                          While an apprehension and arrest are the same thing, civilian police officers working for a respective military service do not possess codified arrest authority set by law. The authority to keep law and order is delegated to the CO who then delegates that authority to the XO and respective base law enforcement and security agencies.
                          This^^^^ And I will add if you remember they did the fist LEOSA revision in 2010 and the second LEOSA revision in 2013. The 2013 revision is the one that added "detain" along with Statutory Powers of Arrest so Military Police would be covered.

But if they revised it to allow DOD/Civilian Military Police Statutory Powers of Arrest that would be a good thing.

Comment

Does anyone work for the Dept of Navy civilian police on here?

Comment

Former DON, CNRNW NBK Bremerton.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9366 users online. 347 members and 9019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X