Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Army Uniform - Pink and Greens

Pity they didn't get rid of that stupid beret,
    The Army's top enlisted man is close to unveiling the WWII-era Pinks and Greens uniform that could debut next year.
    Last edited by JohnKelly; 11-05-2017, 01:45 AM.

The Army changes uniforms more than all the other branches combined. lol

Comment

Originally posted by deacon2u View Post
      The Army changes uniforms more than all the other branches combined. lol
      Back in the early 90's General McPeak changed the AF uniforms. He said they were just a blue version of the Army's uniform. So, he changed it to a blue version of the Navy's uniform..

Comment

Great something else I will be required to buy and rarely wear

Comment

• J2H
          J2H commented
          Editing a comment
          When the AF changed to the ABU, I just waited until I deployed and they issued it to me... then yrs later they made folks buy it.

That’s why I like the Marines, we rarely change anything.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

They have got to stop with the changing of the uniforms. Pick something and stick with it. I came into a green Class A Army. When they changed to the two-toned blue ASU, i was like if it aint broke dont fix it. But I got my read on and learned that the uniform goes back to the Revolutionary war and I got hooked on the history of knowing Gen Washington wore the same kinda uniform than me.

But now it seems like every Army Chief of staff wants to make a uniform Chicago shift to put their mark on the uniform legancy.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
            They have got to stop with the changing of the uniforms. Pick something and stick with it. I came into a green Class A Army. When they changed to the two-toned blue ASU, i was like if it aint broke dont fix it. But I got my read on and learned that the uniform goes back to the Revolutionary war and I got hooked on the history of knowing Gen Washington wore the same kinda uniform than me.

But now it seems like every Army Chief of staff wants to make a uniform Chicago shift to put their mark on the uniform legancy.
            I personally liked the green army Class As. I like the look of the pinks and greens too though.

I think there should be a distinction between a “service uniform” and a “dress uniform”. They serve two different functions.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I wasn't too crazy about the Civil War era dark blues with the officer rank inside the gold trimmed shoulder tabs. However, I love the look of the WWII Pinks and Greens.The "Ike" jacket is iconic. They should also allow wearing of a brown leather A-2 jacket.
              When the manure hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed.

Comment

Those Civil War era Blues are racist.

Comment

• Curt5811
                  Curt5811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, the grays are racist.

Looks great.... until you have to buy it

Comment

Enlisted are issued. Officers buy but have an allowance.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                    scotty_appleton814 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The enlisted who are not issued that uniform as part of their initial issue will have to buy it out of their allowance if/when this becomes a mandatory uniform. I was issued the green Class A's then had to buy a set of ASU's.

• Captain Adams
                    Captain Adams commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Enlisted and officers get a clothing allowance once a year. It’s not enough money to purchase a new dress uniform. I was in the same situation, this will be the third time I’ve had to buy a new set of asus.

The Navy spends all its money on new uniforms, sensitivity training, and anti-alcohol awareness lectures. That leaves no money for little things, like driving ships, aka 7th Fleet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10073 users online. 438 members and 9635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X