Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAS Oceana/Dept. Navy Police

Greetings,

I am currently considering a move down to Virginia Beach in order to be closer to family. I have an interview coming up with NAS Oceana as a GS-5 police officer (target 6). I have read this forums and have spoken to some previous coworkers at my previous job who have worked for the Navy as a police officer and from what I can gather, it is not the most conducive or productive environment tot be a police officer in. Now besides that, does anyone know about his base specifically? Do they issue leosa creds as well? I have spent 5 years active duty as a Marine followed by 3 years with the MCCLEP program and 2 as a cop for the Defense Logistics Agency. Any further information about the area down here would be appreciated. Thank you.

Oceana= no LEOSA credentials. They use to issue local creds, but got rid of them. Not sure if they started doing that again lately, but as of 10/2016 they did not.

They do NOT make arrests, or transport prisoners. They only apprehend military personnel and turn them over. Civilians, same thing. The command and Navy is trying to FRY a civilian officer that shot at a vehicle that struck him (2016).

If you are coming from DLA, or MCCLEP you will HATE DON. I promise.

Comment

I appreciate the expedient reply and sorry for not posting sooner, I also interviewed for NSA Philadelphia....have any info on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Radraaz11 View Post
        I appreciate the expedient reply and sorry for not posting sooner, I also interviewed for NSA Philadelphia....have any info on them?
        Yes, they're the lowest paid pd in the Philly area.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6372 users online. 205 members and 6167 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X