300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department of Army 0085 to 0083

I just got an offer for a Department of Army 0085 security guard at a DA facility in Concord, California. I'm looking to move ASAP into a DA (or any other agency) 0083 police officer and was wondering how easy, or difficult, it might be to make that move. The internet hasn't been too helpful, but I've heard that DA 0085's and 0083s get the same training, except that 0083s go through EVOC.

If it helps, the expired job posting can be found on usajobs with this job announcement number: SCDN162127731864359D

It's relatively easy just depends on the location and the department some places already know who they want to hire from the guard side other places are wide open. I was a 0085 with the army then got hired as an 0083 with the navy and now just got hired as an 83 for the army . Training for 0085 is done all in house by DACP who are instructors it's suppose to be a few weeks but places I've been do them in 2 weeks at the most of there really short for bodies they'll speed up your training . Are you looking to transition ton83 with the army or any 83 job?

Comment

it depends on the base, im an 0085 on Arlington national cemetery and it should be pretty easy,
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

0083s go to the DACP Academy in Ft Leonard Wood, 0085s do a typical 3 week in-house familiarization program (not hard at all). You'll learn most of the job OJT, the class is a "check-the-block" deal. I was an 0085 for 9 months, left to work elsewhere, and eventually got hired at the same post an 0083, but that is not typical. They liked me because I was professional and did the job correctly.
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)
        COE:
        VA Police Officer (GS-6), Baltimore/Perry Point MD

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiian808 View Post
          Are you looking to transition ton83 with the army or any 83 job?
          I'm fine with Army, but I'll take whoever picks me up first. I was hired as a GS-5. Any idea how long I have to wait until I qualify to apply for a GS-6 0083? I haven't seen many GS-5 83s pop up.

Comment

Depends it says a year but sometimes 6 months will work I would recommend most places that hire at gs 5 have full performance at 6 meaning you work a year get all your stuff done you get 6 automatic...... if you will go anywhere once you get hired on as a guard just go on and apply to anywhere and everywhere.

Comment

they`re in the process of converting all the guards on Joint base Myer Henderson hall to Police, since Arlington cemetery`s authority comes from that base they`ll let the Cemetery guys transfer over
              officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a standard on promotions... our guys go through the steps but have to compete for 6, much like the 0083s, we stay 6 forever unless we find an opening for a 7 or higher
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                COE:

Comment

Sounds good. Yesterday I spoke to an 83 who has been at the post I'll be working at for quite some time. He says 83 positions​ open fairly often and they are also going to be hiring for extra 85/83 positions in the future. Thanks again for the info!

Comment

Remember, to promote you need to have the required 52 weeks TIG at the next lowest paygrade
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    COE:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8971 users online. 312 members and 8659 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X