300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Federal law enforcement training academy little Rock, Arkansas

Headed here in a few weeks, heard that this place is in the middle of the hood, rough area. Anyone been here?

I should be heading there eventually as well.. I have a start date but do to some logistics i may have to push it back. I have family that lives in that area. From what I remember it's not that bad,

Comment

Yes, I've been about 6 years ago. Had some guys I work with just get back from there a few weeks ago. There will be a handful in your class from my station also. You will most likely stay off site in a hotel and travel via GOV to N. Little Rock VA. It was in a less desirable location and I remember seeing plenty of interesting things there.

Comment

Straight up "hood" it's a [email protected] hole

Comment

Got selected for a VA in the Northeast and was told that "Little Rock will be like a second home with all the training you'll be attending out there". On the VALETC website it lists basic course and the instructor course, what other courses are offered out there??

Comment

VA LETC- I went there for the Academy a few years ago and heard from new-hires its still mostly the same.

Vehicles- they will issue the entire class one or two vans. This means that on the weekends and days off everyone fights over where they're going to go, who is going to go, who is going to drive, etc. My best advice- if your car can make the trip you should use it. The Gov should pay for the gas and the expenses and you can go anywhere you want.

Chow- you are allowed meals at Golden Corral and that is all, its a buffet. The food is okay but if you want something else I would plan to bring some food money.

PT- you will not work-out at the academy, there is no organized PT. Before you show up, I would research gyms in the area and find out who offers free "trial periods" and who offers discounted rates for a month+ use. Most of my gym time was free and I ended up paying a very low price when I did have to pony up some funds.

Off-Time- We stayed at a Best Western close to downtown which offered a free shuttle to the strip- some good times there. Also, there are some very affordable shooting ranges in the area. I brought my personally owed weapons and shot every weekend. It's a pretty robust area so you shouldn't have a problem finding something to do.

Any other questions I'll do what I can to address them.

Comment

What are the fitness standards (for VA officers) to graduate from the VA LETC?

I heard the LETC is extending it's academy a few more weeks starting at the end of this FY? Is this a step in the right direction?

How difficult are the tests and practicals?

Comment

I was there in February for an instructor course so I'll share what I seen.

Chow is at the main hospital during the week (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and the golden corral on the weekends. The vehicle situation is spot on, you'll get two or three vans per class and they are the massive 15 passenger type. If you are lucky, you'll be in the comfort inn south for the first four weeks of the academy and then move back up on to the hill for the rest.

If you can bring your own vehicle or an Uncle Sugar vehicle from your station, you'll be much happier.

Like centurionpaint said, there is a lot of things to do around Little Rock........ Just don't get stupid and in trouble.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
                  CBPO-DFW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do I have to take a PT test at my medical facility before they send me to LETC at Little Rock AR?

I recently applied for VAPD position. I don't have civilian LE experience but I was a military police officer in the Army National Guard for 6 years, do I have a chance?
                Last edited by Mike_kilo; 06-17-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

If you met the requirements to apply your chances are OK. I got hired on as a DA Police Officer with 9 yrs active duty Security Forces, and 1 yr DA Security Guard
                  Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                  Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Good afternoon brothers and sisters.

Im Going to the VA Letc Academy next class in 2019. My Questions are below

Do you have off on weekends during academy?

What are the daily Hours for Academy?

Can you travel back home on weekends and holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by Pcolombova View Post

I responded in your other thread
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Are you already an LEO?
                        “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
                        DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

Yes you are off on Weekends

You will be cut loose around 5 unless you are part of the group that is designated for night shooting. You will have night scenario training for a couple of days too.

Yes you can travel home as long as you make it back in time for class. If you suck at studying I wouldn't go home until you pass the law test.
                          Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Whats the law test ?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
                              CBPO-DFW commented
                              Editing a comment
                              when r u heading to va letc?

• coolworld973000
                              coolworld973000 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              just waiting for my start date. So im thinking the class in October

• CBPO-DFW
                              CBPO-DFW commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What location r u at? I thought they only got a few more VALETC classes to go for this year....

• coolworld973000
                              coolworld973000 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Augusta GA

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6668 users online. 311 members and 6357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X