Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?? Sk8ter, you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about...

I'm a 0083 police officer for an army post and I respond to shootings, stabbings, violent felonies, vehicle pursuits, etc etc... Granted, not all posts are the same way - but I have never worked a gate in my career and I pull my 9mm reguarly for different situations.

If you would've taken the federal job, you would've enjoyed annual pay raises as well as step increase pay raises, extremely low chance of layoff, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, thrift saving plan (401k), etc, etc... it sure is nice to know that when local departments are laying off officers because of tax levy failures and budget contraints I've recieved 2 pay raises... Not to mention being in the federal system open all sorts of doors to other federal jobs...

Good luck in your employment search.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8ter1978
      well well well finally talked to the women at HR and I asked her why the job I applied for didn't receive the LEO pay she told me that even tho it was a DOD Police Officer job the GS system does not recognize them as Law Enforcement. Well There you have it that should end this bickering back and forth about I am a cop and your not stuff in this forum. After she told me that I pleasantly turned down the GS 6 Police Officer Job cause I don't want to be a washed up has been or just a security guard with a fancy title of Police. Besides who wants to sit on gates for hours on end and twirl around a flashlight and rub their 9MM and daydream of a real police job where you can have more of a chance of real crime not just responding to a Petty shoplifting case at AAFES. Well good luck to all.
      Go away......You have no idea what the hell you are talking about.....

Comment

well well well finally talked to the women at HR and I asked her why the job I applied for didn't receive the LEO pay she told me that even tho it was a DOD Police Officer job the GS system does not recognize them as Law Enforcement. Well There you have it that should end this bickering back and forth about I am a cop and your not stuff in this forum. After she told me that I pleasantly turned down the GS 6 Police Officer Job cause I don't want to be a washed up has been or just a security guard with a fancy title of Police. Besides who wants to sit on gates for hours on end and twirl around a flashlight and rub their 9MM and daydream of a real police job where you can have more of a chance of real crime not just responding to a Petty shoplifting case at AAFES. Well good luck to all.
        Allow me to translate: blah blah blah I didn't get an offer blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by US0083 View Post
          If you would've taken the federal job, you would've enjoyed annual pay raises as well as step increase pay raises,
          http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...uys-the-finger!
          Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

I am a retired SFC/E-7 and I used to be CID but thanks I guess I don't know much well good luck to all of you.
            A. You spell like a 14 year old....and your grammar blows.

B. Being a "E-7/CID" you would have known what DOA Police Officers are all about.....

C. Being a "E-7/CID" one would suspect you would be doing something more with your life then trying to get on with DOA or BIA Police as a Unformed LEO....

D. The people you are talking to either have worked with, around, or as DOA Police Officers.....

Try again....

Comment

wow thanks for the comments I was just simply stating the facts of what the HR lady told me and I turned down the position to take another one that acutely pays LEO pay so don't get your panties in a bunch I was not trying to put anyone down oh and for not knowing military instillations whatever I am a retired SFC/E-7 and I used to be CID but thanks I guess I don't know much well good luck to all of you.
              Let me address a few things here:

Spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Generally, a sentence that lasts for an entire paragraph is wrong. Perhaps you should consider making a couple of smaller sentences, each one conveying a coherent thought? Also, I believe the word you are searching for is actually not acutely.

so don't get your panties in a bunch I was not trying to put anyone down
              oh no?
              sit on gates for hours on end and twirl around a flashlight and rub their 9MM and daydream of a real police job where you can have more of a chance of real crime not just responding to a Petty shoplifting case at AAFES
              Which is it?

and for not knowing military instillations whatever I am a retired SFC/E-7 and I used to be CID
              I am going to make a guess that your name of sk8ter1978 means that a. you like to skate, and b. you were born in 1978. That means you are 32 years old. In order to have retired as an E-7 with 20 years in, you must have enlisted at the age of 12. Perhaps you are a true prodigy, but I doubt it.

I call shenanigans...

Good luck to you as well.

Comment

Looks like Bearcat beat me to it again...

Comment

Originally posted by Marine0083 View Post
                  Looks like Bearcat beat me to it again...

Just calling it like I see it. Dude is FOS.....

Comment

Agreed. What a tool...

Comment

• Suprised the BIA BI hasn't looked at his posts on here....yet...
                      irishlad2nv
                      Hustler
                      Last edited by irishlad2nv; 11-29-2010, 11:29 AM.
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marine0083 View Post
                        Agreed. What a tool...
                        I sent you an officer safety brief.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                          I sent you an officer safety brief.....
                          Thanks brother, I just got it. I will forward it on to our guys here.

Comment

Thanks brother, I just got it. I will forward it on to our guys here.
                            I'm working on a list....I will keep your name on it. Whenever I get Crim Intel/Officer Safety stuff, I am going to pass it onto you guys....

Comment

• Thanks, I appreciate it. We don't seem to get a lot of that here.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it. We don't seem to get a lot of that here.
                                Which is sad....as we are all on the same team..... and we all need the info to survive....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3895 users online. 238 members and 3657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X