300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For real this time

Ok, this time I am not prematurely speaking. I have my orders IN HAND for my transfer. I will be leaving 29 August 2005 and reporting to my base on 11 September 2005. FINALLY!!
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Where you heading to/from?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Airforcop
      Where you heading to/from?
      I am heading from New Hampshire, to Alaska.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
        I am heading from New Hampshire, to Alaska.

North to the Future!!!

The Last Frontier!!!!

F#$ing coldest place with the longest winter!!!

TGY
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Stop scaring him, hahaha. Alaska winters aren't all that bad. Winter was better up there than winter in Wyoming. Atleast the friggen wind isn't blowing all the time. But winter is much longer than you will be used too seeing there really isn't a summer, just a few months of springs then back into the colder weather again, hahaha. Where you coming from in New Hampsire? What branch you in? Assume you're going to either Fairbanks or Anchorage as that is where both of the Army/Air Force bases are located. I left Elmendorf early last year. Loved it up there. For some reason the shrink with APD didn't like me, or I'd be up there right now writing parking tickets until the academy starts, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
            North to the Future!!!

The Last Frontier!!!!

F#$ing coldest place with the longest winter!!!

TGY
            Thanks It's for real this time, I actually have my orders, and I am leaving Monday.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Stop scaring him, hahaha. Alaska winters aren't all that bad. Winter was better up there than winter in Wyoming. Atleast the friggen wind isn't blowing all the time. But winter is much longer than you will be used too seeing there really isn't a summer, just a few months of springs then back into the colder weather again, hahaha. Where you coming from in New Hampsire? What branch you in? Assume you're going to either Fairbanks or Anchorage as that is where both of the Army/Air Force bases are located. I left Elmendorf early last year. Loved it up there. For some reason the shrink with APD didn't like me, or I'd be up there right now writing parking tickets until the academy starts, lol.
              You missed out on the APD job? Was that the one with the academy starting in January?!?

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Yeah, for some reason I failed the pysch, not sure why. Maybe he thought I was crazy because I was thinking of going up to Alaska instead of Florida, lol. Anyhow, I got hired with a SO in Florida so I'm down here right now and will start next week.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, for some reason I failed the pysch, not sure why. Maybe he thought I was crazy because I was thinking of going up to Alaska instead of Florida, lol. Anyhow, I got hired with a SO in Florida so I'm down here right now and will start next week.

Too bad it didn't work out. From AK to FL? What a trek. I too have been looking out of state and would consider FL as the only place.

TGY
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Really? My brother is in the works with them, for the January Academy. Still waiting on a few things.
                    Last edited by usafcop64528; 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                      Too bad it didn't work out. From AK to FL? What a trek. I too have been looking out of state and would consider FL as the only place.

TGY
                      FL?

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

After spending almost 2.5 years on Adak from 1984 - 1987, I can say that as long as he isn't posted to Shemya or Fort Richardson (I know, Army base), he'll be all right. Elmendorf had one hell of a good chow hall back in 85 - don't know about now. But the Alaskan Bush Company (in Anchorage) is still around. Never made it there - but I've heard some stories from other Sailors who have.

Enjoy the time off between bases - relax if you can.
                        Ken
                        I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6457 users online. 351 members and 6106 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X