300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for O.com

What is the possibility of adding a military questions section, designed for asking LEO's about prior service etc.?
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

how about actually checking if someone is sworn or not, and making the "officers only" section, ONLY FOR OFFICERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by code3_K9
      how about actually checking if someone is sworn or not, and making the "officers only" section, ONLY FOR OFFICERS!!!
      I know of another forum that requires officers to fax a photocopy of their department ID to them. That would probably work because it's a very easy thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden
        I know of another forum that requires officers to fax a photocopy of their department ID to them. That would probably work because it's a very easy thing to do.
        Which one might that be?

Comment

Which one might that be?
          http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bi...ultimatebb.cgi

Law Enforcement Only
          Only current Law enforcement professionals allowed.
          Please Email a scan of your police ID to [email protected] or fax a copy of it to me at 928-772-3031 for access. Be sure to include your Name, Department,and T.F. user name. No ID, No access.
          Your identity will be kept in confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden

Muchous Grassy-***!

Comment

Back to the topic

o.com, is there any chance of having a military section?

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

I don't know about this.... How many of you really want to fax your info 'somewhere' to 'someone' whom you don't know.. and will know you and your username?

You'd also be surprised at how many people are willing to USE a site and post to it, but not contribute to it, monetarily, or by helping out technically/mod. It takes STAFF to do that. The people that usually work these sites (not the owners - but the mods and tech staff) do it for free, of their own good will.

BTW - to answer the original question, it would be incredibly easy to add a military questions section to this site. We add new sections all the time to ours whenever we think of something cool.

Comment

Originally posted by LovnTheFuzz
                  I don't know about this.... How many of you really want to fax your info 'somewhere' to 'someone' whom you don't know.. and will know you and your username?

You'd also be surprised at how many people are willing to USE a site and post to it, but not contribute to it, monetarily, or by helping out technically/mod. It takes STAFF to do that. The people that usually work these sites (not the owners - but the mods and tech staff) do it for free, of their own good will.

BTW - to answer the original question, it would be incredibly easy to add a military questions section to this site. We add new sections all the time to ours whenever we think of something cool.
                  The question is then, is it cool enough? I am on some other forums, a sports forum, military forums, etc, where they have volunteer mods for different sections, and supporting members.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
                    The question is then, is it cool enough? I am on some other forums, a sports forum, military forums, etc, where they have volunteer mods for different sections, and supporting members.
                    I think it sounds like a decent idea, there ARE a lot of military folk around here... it could generate some more traffic.
                    Here's my theory - Try it. If it doesn't work... get rid of it. It's so easy to do with this software.

Same with ours (site).. my time, and a few others are all volunteer.
                    I do have to say though, i get bored/burnt out. I read EVERYTHING that gets posted. This is how i found O.com - was looking for a 'get-a-way.'

Comment

We will consider this once our new Editor in Chief comes on board in the coming days.
                      sigpic
                      The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                      PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

Which one might that be?
                        ************** will call your agency and talk to you Officer-to-Officer so know one else knows what you are doing to get you verified. No sending anything in....plus no one else knows your off-duty business....
                        There are local, state, federal, and international officers there.....plus they have an area for verified only.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                          We will consider this once our new Editor in Chief comes on board in the coming days.
                          Thank you very much.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Ask and here you go!

Thanks for the suggestion ... now start posting

WebTeam
                            sigpic
                            The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                            PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3464 users online. 156 members and 3308 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X