Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would re-enlist but cant due to one issue.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would re-enlist but cant due to one issue.

I received an RE4 entry level discharge 12years ago. over the years I've tried to re-enlist I have 3 different recruiters and been to 2 different MEPS stations and no one can find my military records. My copies were stolen when someone robbed my shed years ago. Any advice how I can proceed? or should I give up at the age of 32?

Post retracted
    Last edited by J2H; 10-26-2014, 08:59 PM. Reason: deleted text, I am not sworn so I can't answer
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Have you checked here?

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/mil...lic/index.html

Comment

Just curious, but why is my post retracted?

Comment

thank you! I will check this out.
          Originally posted by just joe View Post

Comment

I received an RE4 entry level discharge 12years ago.
            Why?

You know why even if MEPS doesn't. If it wasn't something that can be waived then trying to find your records is pointless.

If it was something that CAN be waived, and not much is these days, they go to the link above and get a copy of your records. It's not that hard, and the link would have come up on a Google search.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Getting into the military isn't as easy as it was 12 years ago...OIF and OEF are done, folks are getting pink slips due to being overstrength. Hell, half my masters online class is Army recruiters due to less work hours and less recruit numbers. they have extra time on there hands, most of them are being told to go home in the afternoon because they aren't recruiting as much. I would look into another profession at age 32, do you really want to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by 31BLaxer View Post
                Getting into the military isn't as easy as it was 12 years ago...OIF and OEF are done, folks are getting pink slips due to being overstrength. Hell, half my masters online class is Army recruiters due to less work hours and less recruit numbers. they have extra time on there hands, most of them are being told to go home in the afternoon because they aren't recruiting as much. I would look into another profession at age 32, do you really want to do this?
                Its a part of my life that's incomplete. It may sounds hokey but I feel a void. I didn't get to serve honorably like my dad, grand dad and uncles.

Comment

Originally posted by DEP_134 View Post
                  Its a part of my life that's incomplete. It may sounds hokey but I feel a void. I didn't get to serve honorably like my dad, grand dad and uncles.
                  I'd seriously consider finding a way to cope with the fact that it may be your path is a different one.

RE-4's are non-recommends. They are generally not considered for reenlistment. Right now, the military is in a pick-and-choose mode. They aren't going to waste money on a long shot when they have a truck load of young kids coming out of school that are easier to brainwa--- I mean train.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                    I'd seriously consider finding a way to cope with the fact that it may be your path is a different one.

RE-4's are non-recommends. They are generally not considered for reenlistment. Right now, the military is in a pick-and-choose mode. They aren't going to waste money on a long shot when they have a truck load of young kids coming out of school that are easier to brainwa--- I mean train.
                    ^^^This poster is right, there are loads of younger applicants who can be placed right into a branch of service without any need for a waiver. You sound like you will need a waiver and to be honest, I wouldnt waste too much time on you with waiting on a waiver when I can go to the local high school and recruit a kid who I can just take to MEPS and sign him right up, no problem.

I understand the family connection but the military doesn't sound like it might work for you. Hell, the army isn't even taking GED applicants right now, you need to HS diploma. Good luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by 31BLaxer View Post
                      ^^^This poster is right, there are loads of younger applicants who can be placed right into a branch of service without any need for a waiver. You sound like you will need a waiver and to be honest, I wouldnt waste too much time on you with waiting on a waiver when I can go to the local high school and recruit a kid who I can just take to MEPS and sign him right up, no problem.

I understand the family connection but the military doesn't sound like it might work for you. Hell, the army isn't even taking GED applicants right now, you need to HS diploma. Good luck though.
                      I totally understand all that believe me. I have thought the same thing believe it or not. When I was a kid my mother sent me to a child psychiatrist. There wasn't anything wrong with me, I was happy to get out of school early once a week. But my recruiter when I informed him of this said not to worry about that, so I didn't. anyway one night in boot camp I let it slip to one of my shipmates and for what ever reason he told the RDCs. So I was separated immediately following graduation.

I've known for a while it wasn't going to happen again and I moved on with my life working in air freight mostly and then secured a Deputy Jailer position with a local county jail. Now I'm back in air freight, I supervise YOUR ALLS mail. We have a contract with DHL. I build it and get it to the Airport for transfer to you guys. Today I got a call from a local Sherriffs Department to move forward in their process that call really made my day.

Thanks for your comments and your service.

Comment

So I was separated immediately following graduation.
                        Why did they wait until graduation?
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Something doesn't sound right. You still have to be evaluated by medical professionals before you can be discharged or deemed unfit for any duty. Theres something else there cause that wouldn't get you booted just for opening your mouth about having a behavioral health issue. when I was a Drill Sgt and we had kids all the time claim everything from being bed wetters to homosexual to having suicidal thoughts in order to get sent home and they still sent them back to us with a clean bill of health to continue training.

Comment

Any Meps can pull your info. As I'm sure the diff times u went to the recruiters they could not get a waiver based on ur prior conduct. There is a issue u only know about or won't tell anyone why u can't reenlist. I would try a diff career path like Cdl school or something. And what county are you going through the Deputy position for.

Comment

Originally posted by DEP_134 View Post
                              I totally understand all that believe me. I have thought the same thing believe it or not. When I was a kid my mother sent me to a child psychiatrist. There wasn't anything wrong with me, I was happy to get out of school early once a week. But my recruiter when I informed him of this said not to worry about that, so I didn't. anyway one night in boot camp I let it slip to one of my shipmates and for what ever reason he told the RDCs. So I was separated immediately following graduation.

I've known for a while it wasn't going to happen again and I moved on with my life working in air freight mostly and then secured a Deputy Jailer position with a local county jail. Now I'm back in air freight, I supervise YOUR ALLS mail. We have a contract with DHL. I build it and get it to the Airport for transfer to you guys. Today I got a call from a local Sherriffs Department to move forward in their process that call really made my day.

Thanks for your comments and your service.
                              That just doesn't sound right. There's a lot of story that is missing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5759 users online. 342 members and 5417 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X