Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Basset199
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2015

I was accepted into the CID Pilot proram last week. My case is a little different as I am prior service, I was an MP in the Guard for 6 years so I skip Basic and CID school. I have been told by a career counselor at MEPS that I will be heading to a base in Cali in May and will go to CID School sometime in the future. As you can imagine MEPS and my recruiter have not given any explanation for this and I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you

Comment

• 31BLaxer
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Basset199
      I was accepted into the CID Pilot proram last week. My case is a little different as I am prior service, I was an MP in the Guard for 6 years so I skip Basic and CID school. I have been told by a career counselor at MEPS that I will be heading to a base in Cali in May and will go to CID School sometime in the future. As you can imagine MEPS and my recruiter have not given any explanation for this and I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you
      Skip CID School?....Not understanding that part but you have to go through the CID Course in order to be a agent. Something does not sound right. You might want to get an explanation from the recruiter cause it sounds like someone just played you for boo-boo the fool.

Comment

• derek_scott
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Basset199

Thank you
        That definitely sounds a little sketchy. You have to go to school to be certified. Are they sending you to Irwin? If so that sucks. And I don't know what you'd do there. Be and intern maybe.... but it still doesn't make sense. Make sure you get someone to explain this to you.
        And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

• LandGuppy
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2008

It is likely legitimate. He won't be skipping ASAC, he will just be reporting to a duty station and then going. Think of it how most agents get sent to CID school TDY enroute. You could check in to your new duty station prior to school and get your family moved and then go to school if you wanted. Most guys coming from an OCONUS assignment had no choice, they would get orders to a CID office, move there, and then go to school, possibly months later.

Because he is coming onto active duty, yet he is already MOS qualified, he won't go to IET, he will get orders to a CID unit, and then head to school TDY and return.

Comment

• 31BLaxer
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by LandGuppy
            It is likely legitimate. He won't be skipping ASAC, he will just be reporting to a duty station and then going. Think of it how most agents get sent to CID school TDY enroute. You could check in to your new duty station prior to school and get your family moved and then go to school if you wanted. Most guys coming from an OCONUS assignment had no choice, they would get orders to a CID office, move there, and then go to school, possibly months later.

Because he is coming onto active duty, yet he is already MOS qualified, he won't go to IET, he will get orders to a CID unit, and then head to school TDY and return.
            That sound right. I do not think he was getting that across in the post.

Comment

• Basset199
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by LandGuppy

My bad, I meant to say I will be skipping Basic and MP School, NOT skipping CID School. Sorry for the mixup. Thank you LandGuppy this definitely makes a little more sense out of the situation.

Comment

• DiverB72
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2014

@ Basset199,

Plan on just being like an intern at an office until they send you to the ASAC course (CID course at Ft Leonardwood) I can tell you right now active duty is having a hard time filling the ASAC course with qualified applicants, so you could be waiting a few months. I would guess by Summer or Autumn you'll go for sure.

Comment

• FTAeagle
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2012

Does anyone know how to start the process on the reserve side? I've tried to contact the 425th (Texas), but don't have anything except the phone number posted online.

On a separate note, a local PD has asked for a way to contact Army CID, would any of the CID guys on here be able to PM me something for that?

Comment

• DiverB72
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2014

PM Sent, I have a buddy in a Reserve unit in Texas

Comment

• FTAeagle
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2012

DiverB72: Your PMs are down

Comment

• LandGuppy
                        Forum Member
                        • Sep 2008

FTA Eagle. There is a list of CID units by state here:

Just contact whichever base you want to talk to, or the one closest to you.

Comment

• FTAeagle
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2012

Landguppy,

To start the process on the reserve side, you have to contact a reserve unit. The problem is that the number online for the Texas reserve unit isn't getting answered.

Comment

• DiverB72
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2014

FTAeagle,

Not sure why my PM isn't working, I checked the settings it shows allowed PM from members. At any rate I sent you an e-mail with my buddies phone number.

Comment

• Storeyjr55
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2018

Is anyone still going in the process or completed the process? I’m looking for how it really is not just what the recruiter tells you.
                              thanks in advance!

Comment

• Calitown
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2016

Damn had I known about the CID program before enlisting as a 31B...I would have definitely went that route. Only really heard of the CID, after serving on the active side, and even then, we worked mostly with MPI's.
                                I think I would have stayed and made a military career out of it instead of transitioning to civilian le. /: oh well, good luck to you future agents.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20529 users online. 55 members and 20474 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...