Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently in the final stages of the 31D app for CID. Just a few quick questions for an current enlisted SA's and those how got hired with CID through the new pilot program.

1.) Are you guaranteed to attend CID basic agent training right after you finish basic and MP school?
    2.) Did you have any say upon which FO/base you would be working? I.e.- Ranking your locations of preference
    3.) Do you have 24/7 carry authority on base? I.e- No signing in and out of your duty weapon
    4.) If you are single will you have the option to live off base?
    5.) Do you get take home G-rides?
    6.) How quickly will you make E5 or have the chance to be a WO?

Thanks for the help in advance, and I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend.
    How far are you in the final stages?
    I'm almost done with my application packet and going to get a testing date for the ASVAB pretty soon.
    I spoke with my recruiter and he gave me some information.
    Per him, I was told there is no guarantee to CID training unless you pass MP school. MP School and Basic are combined.
    I am interested to see what the answers are to your questions.

Comment

I have no idea if things changed but here's the minimum qualifications for CID to be a Agent:

U.S. citizenship
      - Minimum age of 21
      - Completed Warrior Leaders Course
      - Maximum grade of SGT. SSG (with one year or less time in grade) may apply with waiver
      - Minimum of two years of military service and maximum of 10 years of military service
      - Minimum of 60 college semester hours from an accredited institution
      - Minimum ST score of 107 or higher and GT score of 110 or higher
      - Consistently meet the height and weight standards prescribed in AR 600-9 and consistently pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
      - Ability to deploy worldwide and have no physical limitations
      - Normal color vision
      - Must possess a valid driver’s license and favorable driving record
      - Ability to speak and write clearly
      - Minimum of one year of military police experience or two years civilian police experience (May be waived for Active duty only)
      STANDARDS
      - Suitable character, integrity, reputation, sobriety, discretion, and stability as established by a Single Scope Background Investigation and other information developed during application processing
      - No pattern of behavior or actions that is reasonably indicative of a contemptuous attitude toward the law or other duly constituted authority
      - No courts martial convictions or record of any disciplinary action under UCMJ, which indicates behavior inconsistent with the high standards of a CID Special Agent
      - No record of pre-trial intervention or conviction by military or civil court of the following:
      *Any offense involving force or violence
      *Any major misconduct offense per AR 601-210, para 4-11 or charges considered felonies under the local law, regardless of disposition
      *Two or more misconduct offenses per AR 601-210, para 4-10, regardless of disposition
      - No record of having less than an honorable discharge or Lost Time
      - No record of mental or emotional disorders
      - No record of unsatisfactory credit
      - 36 months of service obligation upon completion of the CID Special Agent Course

1.) Are you guaranteed to attend CID basic agent training right after you finish basic and MP school? See above requirements
      2.) Did you have any say upon which FO/base you would be working? I.e.- Ranking your locations of preference Depends on your branch manager, but generally speaking, NO
      3.) Do you have 24/7 carry authority on base? I.e- No signing in and out of your duty weapon In the performance of your duties. Depends on your office for signing out weapons.
      4.) If you are single will you have the option to live off base? Depends on your office/command
      5.) Do you get take home G-rides? I cant stop laughing at this one....HELL NO!
      6.) How quickly will you make E5 or have the chance to be a WO E5 depends on your points and the points released by HRC; WO I am not sure, but its done through a packet you submit once you have done your time as an enlisted agent
      Last edited by 31BLaxer; 01-25-2015, 01:18 AM.

Comment

I believe under LEOSA all military LE can carry "off duty". Some branches require that they have a 5 skill level which probably won't happen until they are E3/E4 and be at least 21. Can't carry on base other issued weapon for shift. Unless you are OSI.
        ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

Hey guys,

I am currently in the final stages of the 31D app for CID. Just a few quick questions for an current enlisted SA's and those how got hired with CID through the new pilot program.

1.) Are you guaranteed to attend CID basic agent training right after you finish basic and MP school?
          2.) Did you have any say upon which FO/base you would be working? I.e.- Ranking your locations of preference
          3.) Do you have 24/7 carry authority on base? I.e- No signing in and out of your duty weapon
          4.) If you are single will you have the option to live off base?
          5.) Do you get take home G-rides?
          6.) How quickly will you make E5 or have the chance to be a WO?

Thanks for the help in advance, and I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend.
          1) If you are coming in under the new program then yes it is a guarantee that you will go to CIDSAC (School)
          2) Nope. You will go where ever they need an Agent.
          3) I carry my Sig 24/7 on and off post.
          4) I believe so. I'm married so I get to choose. Any of the single people I have seen have lived off post.
          5) No. Depending on the office they may let you take the duty ride home on you duty days but I never see people do it.
          6) I don't know about the people coming in through the new program but the points for SGT are like 14-15 so I guess as soon as you eligible.

I'm an active duty Agent so if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
          And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I sent you a PM.

Originally posted by derek_scott View Post
            1) If you are coming in under the new program then yes it is a guarantee that you will go to CIDSAC (School)
            2) Nope. You will go where ever they need an Agent.
            3) I carry my Sig 24/7 on and off post.
            4) I believe so. I'm married so I get to choose. Any of the single people I have seen have lived off post.
            5) No. Depending on the office they may let you take the duty ride home on you duty days but I never see people do it.
            6) I don't know about the people coming in through the new program but the points for SGT are like 14-15 so I guess as soon as you eligible.

I'm an active duty Agent so if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
            Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Originally posted by OIG1811 View Post
              I believe under LEOSA all military LE can carry "off duty". Some branches require that they have a 5 skill level which probably won't happen until they are E3/E4 and be at least 21. Can't carry on base other issued weapon for shift. Unless you are OSI.
              Sort of, as an AFOSI agent I can carry any weapon I want on base. But if I'm jobbin' then I have to carry my issued M11.

To OP and others who posted, I was attached to CID for 8 months and was operationally under their control. After I got used to the "Armyisms" and Army regulations....To include completely structured PT.... I thoroughly enjoyed working with the CID agents. They are worked into the ground, but on the whole they are a great group of dedicated and motivated people who do a vital mission day in and day out.

Good luck!
              Last edited by warwolf; 01-27-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

A buddy of mine is current civilian 1811 with CID and had no prior army he was just lateral from another FEDLE agency. He said their was some growing pains, but it is getting better. Some recent changes with carry after the recent active shooter incidents. I've worked a case with one CID agent on soldier and dependent spouse, they were squared away, but seemed there was lot extra paperwork, I mean excessive compared to some other fedle agencies.
                ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

I just got the nod Friday from CID HQ that I got accepted into the CID Special Agent Program.
                  Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Is there anyone who has been through the new 31D Pilot Program that can tell me when they got their class date for CIDSAC and follow-on assignment/duty station orders? Thanks.
                    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

I just got the nod Friday from CID HQ that I got accepted into the CID Special Agent Program.
                      I'm submitting to the 31D program as well, how long did it take for Headquarters to review your packet and make a determination?

A little background; I'm a prior service Marine Sergeant as well, like the original poster. Did a 3 year special duty tour with the State Dept., already had a TS/SCI etc etc. Just looking around to try and get a timeline.

Thanks

Comment

plan on 90 days. I've seen some come back faster, and others take longer. Hope you made copies of everything, HQ has a tendency to loose paperwork and then kick the entire packet back

Comment

It took roughly a month for CID HQ to send my acceptance memo to Recruiting Command. Will you have to go through 31B OSUT or will you go straight to the CIDSAC? I am currently in DEP until July. PM me if you have any other specific questions. Good luck.

Originally posted by ONErogue View Post
                          I'm submitting to the 31D program as well, how long did it take for Headquarters to review your packet and make a determination?

A little background; I'm a prior service Marine Sergeant as well, like the original poster. Did a 3 year special duty tour with the State Dept., already had a TS/SCI etc etc. Just looking around to try and get a timeline.

Thanks
                          Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

It took roughly a month for CID HQ to send my acceptance memo to Recruiting Command. Will you have to go through 31B OSUT or will you go straight to the CIDSAC? I am currently in DEP until July. PM me if you have any other specific questions. Good luck.
                            I'm prior service USMC so I would go to the re-class 31B, then CIDSAC. No basic required since I already did my time in San Diego Luckily I retain my E-5 from the Corps so I'm hoping us old guys will get some more freedoms and barracks duties than the boot OSUT guys while we are at Leonardwood. That's the way my recruiter explained it anyways but we shall see..

Diver- Thanks for the reply; 90 days is pretty steep but I'm hoping it's worth the wait. Luckily I was smart this time around and kept hard/soft copies of everything they ever asked for.

Comment

ONErogue,

CIDSAC course is a gentlemen's course, you will get your own room and are only in class from 0800 (maybe 0900) to 1700. After class you can do what ever you like. There's no silly GI parties, or wake up calls in the middle of the night. Your weekend's are your own, you can go to St Louis, or to the Lakes of the Ozarks, Branson, what ever floats your boat. Just study and do well on the exams, show up in the right place at the right time and your good to go

Comment

Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                                ONErogue,

CIDSAC course is a gentlemen's course, you will get your own room and are only in class from 0800 (maybe 0900) to 1700. After class you can do what ever you like. There's no silly GI parties, or wake up calls in the middle of the night. Your weekend's are your own, you can go to St Louis, or to the Lakes of the Ozarks, Branson, what ever floats your boat. Just study and do well on the exams, show up in the right place at the right time and your good to go
                                And be ready for crime scenes, my fingers still hurt years later from all the writing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2797 users online. 217 members and 2580 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X