300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0083 position

I got a 95 rating and was just sent a email that i was referred.

what should i expect next?

has anyone worked in Grand Forks, ND air force base?how is it?

Thanks

I had gotten a referral for VA Police... never heard back, I wish you luck
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by Travis64 View Post
      I got a 95 rating and was just sent a email that i was referred.

what should i expect next?

I have 7 different positions to which I have been "referred" to since February and have only heard from 2, so being "referred" means pretty much nothing.

Thanks
      Last edited by BoricuaLEO; 06-12-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Now the waiting begins...

Comment

just got a email today asking if still have interest in the job.
          had to email them back saying i accept consideration for the job.

what should happen next?

if i get a interview do i have to go all the way to north dakota or would they do courtesy interview in ny?

Comment

You may need to go to North Dakota for an interview. That's quite a distance from New York for an 0083 position. Are you familiar with the DOD/Military Police culture?

Comment

Originally posted by phil 15 View Post
              You may need to go to North Dakota for an interview. That's quite a distance from New York for an 0083 position. Are you familiar with the DOD/Military Police culture?
              i am familiar with it when visiting a base i see them and they seem to like the job.
              but as i see on here seems like the worst job in the world.I think i would like the job and i want to get into the federal system.

28 years old need to start a career now i can't keep waiting years for test scores.

i bet a flight to ND is expensive

Comment

Originally posted by phil 15 View Post
                When I tried my DOD experiment they did a simple phone interview and hired me. That was for a CATM instructor which has sometimes more competition than other jobs, sometimes they don't.

I can say (as someone that works in DOJ) DOD isn't exactly all that with their civilian work force. Good place to get in the door or maybe retire to but for a full career, not really. But, to each their own. For me going from DOJ to DOD I couldn't get back to DOJ quick enough. And I even spent time in active duty as a AF Security Forces and retiring with the ANG and thought it wouldn't be a bad gig. Guess DOJ/Federal bureau of Prisons spoiled me.

Good luck
                Last edited by in625shooter; 06-18-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

My DOD experiment has lasted nine years.I'm on my way out, hopefully never to return....

Comment

Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                    My DOD experiment has lasted nine years.I'm on my way out, hopefully never to return....
                    I lasted only 3 months in the train wreck called DOD. Had to go back to a high/max US Penitentiary for a better work environment and more ethical leadership (believe it or not). Unfortunate I left DOJ/BOP on great terms.

Not to discourage anyone. DOD is a way to either get in the door or not bad for a retirement job, but for a career, not if you can help it.

Comment

Thanks
                      Its cold and its a missle base....
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        Its cold and its a missile base....
                        Grand Forks deactivated the Missile wing and retired the bombers in 1994. They had tankers but lost that mission and the only main mission now is reconnaissance drones other than some Space Command support missions.

So nothing is going on other than cabin fever in the spring!!!

Comment

I think Grand Forks was the place I read about that when it was first activated (as a fighter base, in 1957), there was no grass around the barracks, so they painted the ground green before the opening ceremonies.

I'm sure conditions have improved there since then.
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                            Grand Forks deactivated the Missile wing and retired the bombers in 1994. They had tankers but lost that mission and the only main mission now is reconnaissance drones other than some Space Command support missions.

So nothing is going on other than cabin fever in the spring!!!
                            Its still cold out there.. Much like why not Minot..
                            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                              Its still cold out there.. Much like why not Minot..
                              when a place can hit -60 you can't just use the word cold lol

do 0083s have an option to live on base?
                              can your gf live with you or do u have to be married?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4452 users online. 269 members and 4183 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X