300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDW Officers Claiming to have won pay parity with Capitol Police

I was hoping someone could shed light on this. Navy Civilian Police Officers throughout naval district Washington are claiming that the FOP won some big judgment in court that grants them pay parity with Capitol police and it is currently being written in regards to how there going to execute it. Does anyone have any additional information or confirmation?

Somewhere along the Navy underground rumor network this pay increase rumor morphed into "dod is now giving 6c retirement." Which is funny in and of itself because FOP still has getting the dod statutory arrest authority as a top national priority and no mention of this supposed victory.

*Job Title:Police Officer

Departmentepartment of the Navy

Agency:Commander, Navy Installations

Job Announcement Number:SE40083-06-1098036K1797230

This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.

The contents of the announcement can still be*viewed.

SALARY RANGE:$39,064.00 to $56,603.00 / Per YearOPEN PERIOD:Thursday, April 17, 2014 to Wednesday, April 23, 2014SERIES & GRADE:GS-0083-05/06POSITION INFORMATION:Full Time - PermanentPROMOTION POTENTIAL:06DUTY LOCATIONS:3 vacancies in the following location:
    Indian Head, MD*View Map
    WHO MAY APPLY:Current, Permanent Federal Employees; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Eligibles; Interchange Agreement Eligibles; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) EligiblesSECURITY CLEARANCE:SecretSUPERVISORY STATUS:No

JOB SUMMARY:

The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!

The primary purpose of this position is to perform law enforcement work.* The incumbent of this position will possess apprehension and/or detention authority on an installation and is required to carry a firearm in the performance of duties.*

Selectee must successfully complete a designated Navy Police Officer Academy/Course of Instruction, military police academy, or equivalent civilian law enforcement program.

The maximum entry age for primary law enforcement officer positions is 37 years old (not applicable to applicants with veteran's preference).* Applicants not appointed by the last day of the month in which they become 37 shall not be appointed or assigned to a law enforcement position.* Individuals who are past the maximum entry age limit, but previously served in a covered position, may be reinstated.* Additional information may be obtained from*http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...00.25-V336.pdf.

Comment

See that's what's confusing. The pay rate quoted in the advertisement is utilizing the same pay scale at the same rate they were paying people before. That directive you linked to is from 2001 and re-affirmed in 2009. Basically old news. Furthermore, how can you establish Leo pay/20 year retirement when said agency's officers don't even have statutory arrest authority (per the fop national agenda). I know a bump up to GS 7 has been in the works for all officers for sometime. Maybe they figure a slight bump in pay and an age requirement will give people the illusion? Because so far no one at dc lodge 1 even know what I'm talking about when I speak of the things my old department is telling me.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely in favor of them getting 6c because it sets the precedent for us non dod 83's.

Comment

The retirement part of the announcement was an error and the job will be re announced with it being amended.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

That's what I figured, recently Hro for the Navy has been centralized Stennis space center which is in Ms.

Comment

lol now that makes complete sense Orlando Fed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4050 users online. 238 members and 3812 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X