300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis AFB 0083

I've got an interview at Travis AFB next week for a civilian police officer (0083) position. I was in the middle of something when they called and didn't ask some follow-ups so wanted to ask the board here.

Any idea how many people are usually on their interview panels? Does a Chief's interview typically follow the oral board? What's the process like after the interview (PAT, Psych, Poly, etc)? Also side-note, I passed the background for a TS for a DHS position around December; any idea if that kinda clearance transfers or do they start from scratch?

Thanks a ton, I appreciate the info!
    Last edited by 31BZ6; 05-01-2014, 07:54 PM.

No psych or poly....

No need for TS. You will be downgraded to a Secret.....

Process...? For most "DOD" Police Officer/0083 positions: Interview, Tentative Offer, PT Test, Med Exam, then start date..... do some OJT/Orientation then head to the Academy at Little Rock (they share the VA Academy).... Come back and go thru FTO and go from there.

It could take 6 weeks to 6 months... just depends on how motivated they are to hire folks.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Bearcat, I've seen you around alot on here really appreciate your help with info.

Do you have any idea whether they start the background all over again or just update for the last 5 months?

Also to anyone with specific info related to Travis, feel free to chime in, thanks!

Comment

They should only do an update.... maybe. They may just run wants/warrants and criminal background check on you.

When I left DC and went back to work for the Sheriff's Dept......then out here..... I was gone for 18 months or so and they just picked up my Secret again and that was it. I don't even think they called anyone or checked....

I reached out and am looking for folks in our Squadron that have been to Travis recently but thus far, no luck....

I do know its a very active AF base for transports....but other than that...not much.

Good luck...

Comment

Thank you.

I've been reading some other threads about DAF 83's and seems the position varies from post to post. Do you know whether they stand guard at the gates or are on patrol?

Comment

Originally posted by 31BZ6 View Post
            Thank you.

I've been reading some other threads about DAF 83's and seems the position varies from post to post. Do you know whether they stand guard at the gates or are on patrol?
            No clue about there....No one around my AOR has worked there..... I would get ready to work both road/gates...and pray that you are on the road.....

Comment

Well the interview went great. Don't want to sound overly-confident but I'm pretty confident I will move on to the next phase...still takes a few weeks for Lackland to put the list together according to my interviewers.

So, they do perform access control at the gates, but it's one of many duties. So that's...that. And I asked about upward mobility ref: my long-term goals. I know we hire on at GS-6, but there are only a handful of GS-8's, and only one GS-9 sitting up top Compare that with my current conditional offer with FPS that starts at GS-9.

Don't get me wrong, if all goes well I will happily take this position, and if it happens before FPS makes their move. But that does put a damper on my warm-n-fuzzy, looking out into the future and knowing I will likely max-out my income somewhere in the $50K range :/

Comment

So...scratch what I said about the FPS. I didn't pass medical. They didn't give me a concrete reason yet. It's either a 10% VA rating or my red/green color deficiency. I'll find out when they send me the hard copy final decision letter.

Any idea if color vision test is included during medical screening for DAF?

Comment

So...scratch what I said about the FPS. I didn't pass medical. They didn't give me a concrete reason yet. It's either a 10% VA rating or my red/green color deficiency. I'll find out when they send me the hard copy final decision letter.

Any idea if color vision test is included during medical screening for DAF?
                  Standard should be the same for 0083 series per OPM.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

This is my first 0083 series position applied for. The FPS job was a 0080 series.

Comment

This is my first 0083 series position applied for. The FPS job was a 0080 series.
                      Should be the same..
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thanks Orlando,

I looked up some AFI's and standards, hard to find the exact one, but like you said same/simialr standards and normal color vision is a requirement, but it looks like there is a possibility for waivers. Since Travis is trying to bring on about 8 officers hopefully I'd qualify for that waiver.

Anyone have experience with color vision issues going into a 0083 position?

Also, re: benefits, are they also the same for 0083 series? That is a normal FERS retirement (~50% of average top 3)??

Comment

Also, re: benefits, are they also the same for 0083 series? That is a normal FERS retirement (~50% of average top 3)??
                          Yeap.... FERS is FERS...... all the way around.

Comment

Good luck, but usually waivers are difficult for applicants or obtain....typically they are given to keep an incumbent.

Comment

I been applying to these would they hire somone with no college or military?
                              I have 1 year nys peace officer exp and 7 years armed security

Thanks and good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4033 users online. 255 members and 3778 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X