Presidential Petition for DOD LEO Statutory Powers of Arrest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Petition for DOD LEO Statutory Powers of Arrest

Here's a link for this petition. An explanation is on the website. If interested, sign it, if not, don't. Simple as that.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ll-50/5zTlgcBZ

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

Wow, started already. Don't sign it. Don't care either way. I know it's a shot in the dark. I'm not seeing anyone else trying anything right now. What's it going to hurt?

Comment

One signature. You gotta start somewhere. More power to you man. Good luck in your conquest!
        Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
          One signature. You gotta start somewhere. More power to you man. Good luck in your conquest!
          I know, it's probably pointless. I'm beyond caring about personal ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by I0347 View Post
            I know, it's probably pointless. I'm beyond caring about personal ramifications.
            If it is that important to you, why not get a real LE job? There are police agencies hiring all over the country.
            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
              If it is that important to you, why not get a real LE job? There are police agencies hiring all over the country.
              Go act a fool on a military installation and you find out how "real" they are....Since when being able to pack off-duty on creds equal "real" police status?

Are you are one those that consider yourself the "real" police?

Comment

Lots of you guys aren't going like me for this. Not military-bashing because I was one.

I retired at 20 years and 17 days active duty (but who's counting) ten years ago. I was not a miltary cop. Upon my retirement I was a section chief for an aircraft maintenance facility. The manpower I was responsible for varied from between 25 and 30 troops. I know from first-hand experience how immature and childish some new troops are when they've just left mommy and daddy and struck out on their own. I've forgotten who many E-1s and 2s I drummed out for alcohol violations and failing to progress.

For those reasons, I say that if a military cop wants to carry off-base on credentials; become a reserve for a local agency. That way the individual is taught State and local laws. The LE agency will decide whom they hire, and give the trust that is due. I reserved for my local Sheriff's Office well before I retired. Now I'm a detective. Another part of a second career ladder.

OR

At least be a second-term enlistee with Commander's approval to be covered under LEOSA. Reach a certain level of skill and knowledge first. Screen out the bad apple.

OR

Get a State CCW.
                I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

This thread is in reference to DoD "civilian" LEOs. Not active-duty LE members.

Comment

Guess I failed to comprehend that.
                    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

No problem Chief. Former AF SP here, I'm well aware about you ramp rats and your comprehension problems... j//k

For what it is worth we are on the same page when it comes to active-duty Joe. I don't think it’s a good idea to allow 17/18 year Johnny with zero life experiences to pack heat on a CAC card and a function badge either.
                      Last edited by statebear; 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

I did delete a wise crack about the reason I didn't become an SP. Far too high of a ASVAB score.

My Technical Order section looked a prosecutor's law library.
                        Last edited by KenW.; 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

LOL crack away bro! I actually wouldn't enlist until till my recruiter gave me a guaranteed contract for a LE SP slot....

He did try to sell me on an aircraft mechanic's slot when I was in his office one time. Pointed to a picture of an F-16 on his wall and bragged on how I could have my name on the side of one....

I told him screw that, I wanna be a cop!

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                            My Technical Order section looked a prosecutor's law library.
                            You would think with all the intelligence required to perform that job, you guys would remember to put your flightline badges on....
                            Last edited by statebear; 11-12-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by statebear View Post
                              You would think with all the intelligence required to perform that job, you guys would remember to put your flightline badges on....
                              Hahahaha

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4856 users online. 138 members and 4718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X