Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also if any one hasn't noticed it yet, they wrote the incumbent pt test is now the same as the applicant test. I firmly believe in pt standards but most people outside of their 20s cannot pass the Illinois agility run in 18.5 seconds. Most applicants fail it the first time. You are also now known as "Civillian Defenders ". Also entry level GS07 are equivalent to Airman. The new 7 PD consists of BDOC, on scene commander, and investigatory duties in case no one here has seen it yet. These duties are mainly carried out by E5s on the military side.
    There are some crazy changes occurring and not in a good way.

Last edited by DG223; 03-16-2020, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      So essentially, DAF civilian cops responsibilities and structure are even more integrated with the active duty. Wow.

• DG223
      DG223 commented
      Editing a comment
      And every year you are expected to take the elements of the PA State Police applicant PT test, except the DAF standards are alot more strict lol

• Disregard.,......
    Last edited by westside popo; 03-24-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• If anybody has any information on how their unions or any one else plans on fighting the new stuff I'd like to hear. I know from the top down they arent happy about the new AFI 3118 but my question is where were they while it was being written. Alot has been put on hold with the current health crisis. Out hr tried to rush negotiations despite the requests of out assistant ops O, than **** hit the fan with Covid 19. I'd definitely like to hear from some of you on this.

Comment

• moquito26
        moquito26 commented
        Editing a comment
        None of the stuff will be implemented at Scott until our civilian personnel office, union (NAIL) and s3 get together. We already have a list of stuff that we would like to talk about. Mostly PT test, rank structure and a few other things I can't think of right now. This even impacts the non cop civilians in our unit, like our chief of plans and programs and some of the people working in training...might need to take the pt test now. It will be interesting

• Same here moquito. I am part of the negotiations and I have a list as well. Pt changes are huge. Also the rank structure. Your PD reigns supreme but we know active duty simply looks at a chart and says gaten dor you arman lol. There is still alot of hatred for the program. If you have something different in your union contract than they cant immediately change most things. Just curious on other bases reactions of if people are even aware of it. We has a reservist working with us who is a DAF Officer and he had no idea.

Comment

• Do civilian officers get a take home firearm or are they checked out/returned every shift? Any ID/badge issued?

Comment

• oef_vet
          oef_vet commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not daf police, but I'm pretty sure all dod police turn in their weapon every day. You should be issued credentials though.

• Originally posted by Rentacop93 View Post
        Do civilian officers get a take home firearm or are they checked out/returned every shift? Any ID/badge issued?
        Your weapons are assigned and maintained via air force force oi....your weapon, ammo, asp, taser etc will be assigned at beginning of shift and returned at end. For us each flight has an armorer but really all of us can complete armory inventory before each shift

Comment

• Does anybody know how the academy is like? Is there daily PT? Dorms?

Comment

• I know this hasn't been responded to in a while, but if anyone could answer a couple of questions I have I'd really appreciate it, Does DAF Police pay night shift differentials and if so how much? Is overtime a possibility with this position? What is the "typical" work schedule? Also typically how long is the hiring process?

I'm currently a LEO and trying to purse other options. I'm prior military as well so I have some understanding on what the job entails, but I can't find any real information on benefits/processes for employment. Thank you all!

Comment

• Exbpa340
              Exbpa340 commented
              Editing a comment
              My suggestion would be to try and get a covered LEO position if possible (especially if you’re willing to move).

• Timsierramist
              Timsierramist commented
              Editing a comment
              They pay night shift differential. My base also offers 1 extra shift of overtime a week if you want it. Shifts are 0500-1300 / 1300 - 2100 / 2100 - 0500. You'll arm up a half hour early each day and sometimes have to stay over afterwards for a bit to complete a few CBT (online training) or do some paperwork. hiring process for me took about 3 months.

• I can only speak for my location but I think it's fed wide to all locations.

Night diff is 3.00 an hour from 6pm to 6am
            Sunday diff is 6.00 an hour

I get 250 a paycheck cola My locality pay is 19%

For my location overtime has been unlimited for the past year.

My work week is 4 days a week. Two 8.5 shifts and two 11.5 shifts. My shifts will be different then most cause we either stay and work at the primary location, 8.5, or gather gear and truck and drive 1.25 hours to our secondary location, 11.5.

In the end, for my location, I picked up a few shifts here and there and made 80000 last year.

Comment

• NYBseBall89
              NYBseBall89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the input. Seems like I could make a decent living with this position. Just trying to give myself more options with all this craziness going on right now.

• Exbpa340
              Exbpa340 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your claim of $3 extra per hour of night diff vs $6 extra for Sunday pay doesn’t add up. Since night diff is 10% an additional $3 per hou would mean that your hourly rate is $30 per hour. If that’s the case then your Sunday rate should be an extra $7.50 per hour (if your hourly rate is $30 per hour). I suspect that your hourly rate is below $30 per hour.

• FarFromHome
              FarFromHome commented
              Editing a comment
              Mahalo. I needed a good chuckle. I should have said 3ish or 6 ish to be scientifically specific.

• DAF in some locations in FL are on 10hr shifts,

And now have the specialty salary rate, basiclly equivalent to the Veterans Affairs Police in the area, night dif 10% pay 1800-0600 & 25% Sundays, of course OT is time and a half.
            Last edited by MP-K-9; 08-23-2020, 02:05 PM. Reason: Problem
            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• NYBseBall89
              NYBseBall89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know which are good FL locations? I applied for Cape Canaveral, Patrick, and Tampa,. Also any idea on how long this process takes? I know the corona virus messed a lot of things up. I'm in no hurry though because I'm currently deployed and just looking into different career options upon my return.

• I dont know if this was posted recently but according to senior level guys(one of whom was the assistant chief) at 2 local air bases to me told me most if not all air bases are authorized direct hire authority due to shortages. Apparently part of the change allowing them to hire new hires at GS7 was the incoming applicant HAS to have 1 year investigatory experience NOT in private security. According to the two I spoke to the gs7 and pay still isn't helping them attract the type of applicants they want.

**edit** so unlike doa, don etc being a rated vet no longer gets you a job with the DAF. According to the two gentleman I spoke with theyd rather hire a part time municipal cop who's worked 1 year then a rated veteran with x amount of years despite both having to be sent to FLETC. They described it as a "progressive" step. I can see both sides of the argument. As an outsider it sucks though. Dont know if this is uniform across the DAF now but according to these 2 it is.
            Last edited by diezl; 08-24-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• NYBseBall89
              NYBseBall89 commented
              Editing a comment
              What are the chances of being hired as a GS9? I see the current application states they hire as GS5-9. I have the experience needed for a 9. If not, how long does it take to get to GS9 if hired as a 7 or 8? Honestly I'm not sure if I'd take the job as a 7 or 8 either due to taking a massive pay decrease unless your bumped a grade annually until 9 similar to CBP.

• Never happen at a GS9, it's just there on usajobs, i do not know why. At the Cape or Patrick GS6. To get the 7 you'll have to be there and get certified in some things prior, regardless of what anyone says. The Cape and Patrick are on the water so it's a nice area. There are other way to apply through (linked in) from what i'm told, and it will take you to the AFPC which is the where your stuff goes anyway, you can be direct hired that way.
            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• NYBseBall89
              NYBseBall89 commented
              Editing a comment
              If coming in as a 6 how long would it realistically take to make it to a 9? I'm not sure I'm willing to take that big of a pay cut.

• Rentacop93
              Rentacop93 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got hired as a GS7, you just need 2 years LE experience. A GS8 is for flight chiefs currently (they are looking to make flight chiefs a 9 and create an fto position at an 8). You have to wait a year in whatever grade you get hired at before you can move up. It is like that for all of federal.

You would start at 46999/yr at patrick afb. You could make probably around 54k/yr if you do night shift/sunday. That doesn't include Holidays. You can either work for the extra pay or take the day off, it is not mandatory like normal LE.

We do not have many OT opportunities in SC. Probably just depends on the base.

It is the easiest money you will ever make. We do 4 on 3 off, 10 hr shifts.
              Last edited by Rentacop93; 09-08-2020, 05:46 AM.

• NYBseBall89
              NYBseBall89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey I appreciate your input. My question about moving up is how hard is it to achieve that grade increase? Is it solely based on time or is it based on qualification? If based on a qualification are those easy to get the opportunity to get? The reason I ask is for example I applied for CBP and they approved me for GS9.  After 1 year as a GS9 I automatically get promoted to 11 and after 1 year as an 11 you are automatically promoted to 12. Just curious how it works here. Can't seem to find any info on the job other than the announcement. The reason I haven't taken the CBP position yet is because I got deployed and had to put my application on hold until I get back. That is my ideal job application, but its all based on the location that is offered by the time I come back and coronavirus messed up a lot of my plans.

• So I recently found they added my city near DFW, do any of y’all know info here? Also GS-6 starts at $46,xxx ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nhb_zoey View Post
              So I recently found they added my city near DFW, do any of y’all know info here? Also GS-6 starts at $46,xxx ?
              What base? GS6 is 42294 and GS7 is 46999 for: Lackland and Randolph AFB.

https://apps.opm.gov/SpecialRates/20...V05242020.aspx

Comment

• It’s not either of those, it specifically says Fort Worth

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4019 users online. 271 members and 3748 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X