300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-bstwdod View Post
    http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Do...-09-090616-050 Dod implementing Powers of Arrest policy
    Rome, respectfully. That's great if they changed it (as of this year on your link you kept posting) Originally (look at the 6 year date this post started) DOD only had powers to detain which was why they were not included covered under the original LEOSA in 2004 until the 3rd LEOSA revision in 2013.

The bigger issue that faces DOD is the bureaucracy of the services to issue the required Credentials. Its usually an uphill battle not to mention reading some of the the requirements the different services or even bases have out is not even required in the LEOSA law. The other agencies didn't have that much of an issue when it first was signed in 2004.

If it has in fact changed glad put it didn't really matter as far as LEOSA due to the 2013 revision.
    Last edited by in625shooter; 08-26-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• You guys know anyone from homestead Air Force reserve base ?

Comment

• Hey guys, just got a tentative offer for daf here in las vegas. Seems alot of gate guard and some patrol. Just signed all the required documents and sent them in. Any input on what happens now and what to look forward to? I know its not the best job, but its a step into getting into a good fed law enforcement position. Its a term appointment too about 18 months. Go figure, but any input would be great. Not sure if ill even get the job since it is only tentative. If theres any Las Vegas Nellis DAF on the thread please feel free to chim in. Morale, duties, e.t.c thanks guys.

Comment

• TO normally goes to FOE if you pass medical and physical and background. For the DA 0083, once you get a FO, you get a start date. Upon starting, you go to CPAC (Army HR) and then over to the Dept for scheduling the academy, PT test, and any CBTs. For the DAF, you'll take their version of the PT Test, and a yearly job qualification test (written, verbal, practical exam, plus UoF). The AF had a rotation of patrol and gates (and maybe desk).
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
            TO normally goes to FOE if you pass medical and physical and background. For the DA 0083, once you get a FO, you get a start date. Upon starting, you go to CPAC (Army HR) and then over to the Dept for scheduling the academy, PT test, and any CBTs. For the DAF, you'll take their version of the PT Test, and a yearly job qualification test (written, verbal, practical exam, plus UoF). The AF had a rotation of patrol and gates (and maybe desk).
            Thanks for the information! Very helpful!

Comment

• Just an update fellas, just did my PT test and the Lt told me that were looking to bump up from gs-6 to gs-7 pretty soon. How soon is the million dollar questionbut its good to know for those that are crossing their fingers on it. Also pt test wasn't what i was expecting. 1.5 mile run under 16:17, 300 meter sprint under 66sec, Illinois agility test under 18sec, standing vertical jump and 32 push ups untimed. For anyone curious.

Comment

• What astonishes me is that the DOD implemented arrest authority last year but no one has implemented it at the base level. I personally believe that the big wigs don’t want to implement it because they think it would be a liability. I wonder how it could be brought up?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7685 users online. 338 members and 7347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X