300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-bstwdod View Post
    http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Do...-09-090616-050 Dod implementing Powers of Arrest policy
    Rome, respectfully. That's great if they changed it (as of this year on your link you kept posting) Originally (look at the 6 year date this post started) DOD only had powers to detain which was why they were not included covered under the original LEOSA in 2004 until the 3rd LEOSA revision in 2013.

The bigger issue that faces DOD is the bureaucracy of the services to issue the required Credentials. Its usually an uphill battle not to mention reading some of the the requirements the different services or even bases have out is not even required in the LEOSA law. The other agencies didn't have that much of an issue when it first was signed in 2004.

If it has in fact changed glad put it didn't really matter as far as LEOSA due to the 2013 revision.
    Last edited by in625shooter; 08-26-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• You guys know anyone from homestead Air Force reserve base ?

Comment

• Hey guys, just got a tentative offer for daf here in las vegas. Seems alot of gate guard and some patrol. Just signed all the required documents and sent them in. Any input on what happens now and what to look forward to? I know its not the best job, but its a step into getting into a good fed law enforcement position. Its a term appointment too about 18 months. Go figure, but any input would be great. Not sure if ill even get the job since it is only tentative. If theres any Las Vegas Nellis DAF on the thread please feel free to chim in. Morale, duties, e.t.c thanks guys.

Comment

• TO normally goes to FOE if you pass medical and physical and background. For the DA 0083, once you get a FO, you get a start date. Upon starting, you go to CPAC (Army HR) and then over to the Dept for scheduling the academy, PT test, and any CBTs. For the DAF, you'll take their version of the PT Test, and a yearly job qualification test (written, verbal, practical exam, plus UoF). The AF had a rotation of patrol and gates (and maybe desk).
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
            TO normally goes to FOE if you pass medical and physical and background. For the DA 0083, once you get a FO, you get a start date. Upon starting, you go to CPAC (Army HR) and then over to the Dept for scheduling the academy, PT test, and any CBTs. For the DAF, you'll take their version of the PT Test, and a yearly job qualification test (written, verbal, practical exam, plus UoF). The AF had a rotation of patrol and gates (and maybe desk).
            Thanks for the information! Very helpful!

Comment

• Just an update fellas, just did my PT test and the Lt told me that were looking to bump up from gs-6 to gs-7 pretty soon. How soon is the million dollar questionbut its good to know for those that are crossing their fingers on it. Also pt test wasn't what i was expecting. 1.5 mile run under 16:17, 300 meter sprint under 66sec, Illinois agility test under 18sec, standing vertical jump and 32 push ups untimed. For anyone curious.

Comment

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully its about time. You guys are federal officers, and should be paid as such.
                I wonder if DAF and other branches have incorporated locality pay as well.

• Johnny4x4
                Johnny4x4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty crazy to me that 0083 at an air force base are "full performance" at a GS-6. I'm a 0083 for USMC, and we top out at GS-7, cpl and specialized units like k-9 are 8s, supervisors sgts are 9s, watch commanders are 10s, upper management are 11-13s. Considering USMC gets hand me down gear, the last to implement DoD pass down, and many other issues you'd think itd be opposite.

• What astonishes me is that the DOD implemented arrest authority last year but no one has implemented it at the base level. I personally believe that the big wigs don’t want to implement it because they think it would be a liability. I wonder how it could be brought up?

Comment

• Blue_Falcon
                Blue_Falcon commented
                Editing a comment
                It's coming. Like any other big change within the military, it just takes a long time. I think the biggest hang up is the fact that commanders just plain and simply don't want to lose control over their personnel.

• There are openings near me for both Air Force Police and Veterans Affairs Police. Would once be preferable over the other?

Comment

• oef_vet
                oef_vet commented
                Editing a comment
                I personally would go VA police.

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                Most DAF officers I come across seem disgruntled and just have an overall crap attitude. From Edwards base to LAAFB, what is the deal fellas

• Can anyone share what the hiring process is like for a DAF Police Officer? I just applied to the "Agency-Wide" posting as a non-veteran and selected 3 locations (1 of them I live 10 minutes away from). Do they hire non-vets? Is the job worth it if you want to move on to local agencies, but need to build your LE resume? PMs are also welcomed. Thank You!!

Comment

• Does any of the AF base police have dash cams or body cams?

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                  orlandofed5-0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst had dash cams. Not sure if they kept them or not

• westside popo
                  westside popo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! Been thinking of applying for one of these openings. But if they don't have one or the other or both I'm not interested. These days the camera is as important as the duty firearm IMO. Dang things saved me NUMEROUS times from BS complaints.

• moparfan
                  moparfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So why not use your own camera, forgoing if policy disallows it? You would just be responsible for storage of video and setting a routine on how long to keep it

• westside popo
                  westside popo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I checked with someone stationed at the base and according to the airman they have dash cams and body cams.

I've thought about buying a body cam for my part-time PD job.They have some but they're unreliable and they don't have the funds to get more right now.
                  Cost is a big factor if you want a decent camera. I priced and order some for my current department. The better more reliable cameras are about $600 and up.

But for a military installation I'm sure it would be a no go, especially in the restricted areas.

• I got a Tentative offer out of Edwards AFB right about the same time I got a conditional (then hired) by BOP. Although I accepted the BOP position, I decided I am going to take the DAF job after reviewing the pros and cons of each.

I have been doing corrections, since 2015 and am looking to get out of the jails/prisons for a change. The last two years, I have been doing County Juvenile Hall & Probation. I feel like after doing Juvenile Probation in California, with all the deranged laws and regulations involving juveniles, anything would be better at this stage. Even if that something was standing an armed post and checking ID's at a gate.

I've seen a lot of the negative posts about the DAF job, but I am still very much looking forward to the position.

Although I have a CA & AZ CCW, can I safely assume I am covered under LEOSA as a DOD Police Officer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timsierramist View Post
                  I got a Tentative offer out of Edwards AFB right about the same time I got a conditional (then hired) by BOP. Although I accepted the BOP position, I decided I am going to take the DAF job after reviewing the pros and cons of each.

I have been doing corrections, since 2015 and am looking to get out of the jails/prisons for a change. The last two years, I have been doing County Juvenile Hall & Probation. I feel like after doing Juvenile Probation in California, with all the deranged laws and regulations involving juveniles, anything would be better at this stage. Even if that something was standing an armed post and checking ID's at a gate.

I've seen a lot of the negative posts about the DAF job, but I am still very much looking forward to the position.

Although I have a CA & AZ CCW, can I safely assume I am covered under LEOSA as a DOD Police Officer?
                  Yep you'll be covered under LEOSA. If the ID card they give you isn't enough, they apparently have a process to get one just for that reason. There's another thread here about it and someone there posted links to the website for the ID cards.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12297 users online. 439 members and 11858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X