Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s one chubby SEAL.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/jun/...s-not-in-navy/

A man who appeared in a Navy SEAL uniform at a Thousand Oaks school event this week apparently never served in the Navy, military officials said Wednesday.
    Salhem Dreasden was among those in uniform Tuesday at a tribute to soldiers at Ladera School. The school was honored at the event for outstanding patriotism and support of the armed forces.
    Dreasden was wearing a Navy uniform that bore his last name, the words "SEAL TEAM," the trident pin insignia of the elite unit and twin bars indicating the rank of Navy lieutenant.
    The name Salhem Dreasden, however, does not appear anywhere in databases of Navy service members that go back to at least the Vietnam War, said Katie Suich, a spokeswoman for the Navy Personnel Command in Tennessee. There aren't any S. Dreasdens in the database, either, she said.
    Federal law prohibits the unauthorized wearing of a U.S. military uniform.
    Dreasden could not be reached for comment Wednesday.
    Dreasden was not associated with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization that honored Ladera School with a Seven Seals Award on Tuesday for its commitment to the military, said Pat Kuykendall, executive director of the statewide group.
    Questions about Dreasden's service were first raised in an online special operations community forum called SOCNET.com.
    Ladera Principal Pam Chasse said Wednesday that Dreasden is the friend of a parent. The school had asked parents and the community to invite veterans and active military personnel to the event.
    Military service claims were in the news recently as the 2006 Stolen Valor Act was challenged in a federal appellate court. That law prohibits false claims about receiving military medals or decorations. Last month, attorneys for a Colorado man who falsely claimed to be a decorated Marine Corps veteran argued the law was an unconstitutional violation of free speech, the Denver Post reported.
    In 2009, the FBI received more than 200 complaints of fraudulent representation under the Stolen Valor Act, said Laura Eimiller, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Los Angeles.
    Retired Navy SEAL Craig Powell of Thousand Oaks said he worries that false military service claims will make others less likely to help service members, who make immense sacrifices.
    "It bothers me when anybody portrays themselves to be who they're not," Powell said.

Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/jun/...#ixzz1O8ROiqwi
    - vcstar.com

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

I say let the real SEALs handle it.

Those are some BA squids.

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
      online special operations community forum called SOCNET.com.

Real Deals busted his *** in less than 24 hours.....with the paper doing the above retraction.

I hope someone is able to bust him for playing military poser in uniform. I do believe thats still a federal offense.....

Comment

What was your second clue???

The half arse salute?
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

He's saluting wrong and is standing at a slant, the first things they teach you NOT to do in RT. And if that's not enough, he's not wearing his cover. It's bad enough all the Police impersonators out there, you'd think people would have more respect for the Armed Forces in today's world.
          Last edited by aholodook; 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post

The half arse salute?

Not to mention the lack of a cover

Comment

I may be mistaken, but isn't USN collar rank smaller also? The uniform isn't the Navy's "ocean-flage," and appears to be some half-arsed, wannabe outfit.

Hook him up!

Comment

what is the red thing on his left pocket supposed to be? also, looks like the AF guy to his left rear is looking at him.

Comment

He's a wanna-be, needs to be keel-hauled!!

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post

The half arse salute?
                    That was my first clue too. Weak *** salute.....

Comment

Baby soup sandwiches all around except for the air force guy back left, the military left.

Army CPL le bouf looks like he is french with that beret, and "eyes right" is not a command to be issued while saluting. Also looks like someone twirled his chevrons a bit, no excuse unless he was just pinned. Also losing points for not showing up in the pickle suit at least or dress blues to a function honoring the military. His salute is also sloppy as well.

Air force guy in the rear must have his elbow out at shoulder level to pull off that angle with the hand.

Lt. Dreasden (lol) - Yeah ok salutes do not start in the middle of the forehead, the angle is pooptastic, hair out of regs, weight, no cover.

Air force guy back left is the only one that passes muster.
                      Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 06-04-2011, 05:12 PM. Reason: discombobulated
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                      After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
                        Lt. Dreasden
                        Actually, thats not his real name. They posted over a SOCNET that his name is actually Dan Lee McGrew.....

Either way, he was never a SEAL. Dan Lee McGrew showed up on Navy records as having been in the Navy and not made it through Boot Camp.......

Comment

Guy can't even salute right! Loser...

Comment

I'd like to meet this scumbag at the local VFW......
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              I'd like to meet this scumbag at the local VFW......
                              SOCNET guys have already gotten a hold of the FBI......and they are opening a case....since its still a felony to wear a military uniform and not be part of the gang......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4698 users online. 257 members and 4441 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X