Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those considering the Army reserves, be warned.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those considering the Army reserves, be warned.

Post removed
    Last edited by Ex Army MP; 06-02-2011, 11:04 AM.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Hell yea... the Army sucks... Im just playin

Sorry to hear about that.
    RIP Cpl Chris Singer (USMC)

Comment

Post removed.
      Last edited by Ex Army MP; 06-02-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Go Guard. The reserve system is broken for all the services.

At least with the Guard bureau, someone always answers the phone.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
          Go Guard. The reserve system is broken for all the services.

At least with the Guard bureau, someone always answers the phone.

M-11
          That's what I have been told.

Comment

The Army reserves here in NJ is @&%$ed UP! I have quite a few buddies who are in the reserves now after active duty here in NJ and they all tell me ther horror stories!
            " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

I've never heard an officer publicly berate their branch of service before. Maybe it's an Army thing...maybe it's a reserve thing.

When will you resign your commission or switch to fulltime AD?
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                I've never heard an officer publicly berate their branch of service before. Maybe it's an Army thing...maybe it's a reserve thing.

When will you resign your commission or switch to fulltime AD?
                Yeah, I took it down. I probably won't go active.

Comment

Grrrrrrr…… what did I miss?

I went USAR, and ship in a few months. I’m getting the impression I’m luckier than I will ever know ending up in the unit I did. They are covered by a civilian administrator who serves in the unit as a reservist himself. So he’s there during the week. My company CO is full time (I think the position is filled by rotating active reserve officers as he said he won't be there when I get back from AIT). I must have met a dozen Officers, Sr. NCO’s, WO’s and the Battalion XO when I first showed up for the tour.

When my recruiter took me there to meet them he wasn’t expecting much in terms of preparedness, but they got me in the system rather painlessly. Drills are scheduled pretty well, and they do a hell of a lot more than 1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year. They don’t drill per say as much as they actually pick up the slack the regular army passes onto them. In between that they cram in range and PT.

I have no idea what the thread was about so I suspect I’ll find out the hard way.

Whatever my experience is going to be in the USAR will be mitigated by the fact I still have to pay my bills with my civilian life. I’m just along for the ride right now.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                  - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3999 users online. 194 members and 3805 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X