300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Ticket Pilot Program

I just got informed by a DACP at Ft. Hood that they are on an Army sponsored, CVB approved, 180 day pilot program. The ticket writers are capable of printing out both 1805's and 1408's. They then go online to a secure website and enter in the probable cause statement. So if everything goes well, we may be seeing these electronic ticket writers at an installation near you!
    Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

That's awesome!

Comment

ReBirth already out there in the field and working.

Originally posted by DACP View Post
      There is a company out there, Brekford Technologies that has a system that was blessed off on by CVB to do E-Tickets. Ft Meade, Ft Belvoir, Andrews AFB, U.S. Park Police NSA Police and several others are using the system. I talked to Travis Hudson from the company, he is the Director of Federal sales, and he emailed me a handy dandy packet, with all the information so we can start looking into the system. Ft Hood is using a system similar from another vendor, but from what I understand they are having issues.
      That was my post from the MDT thread....So not totally new, but new enough.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
        I just got informed by a DACP at Ft. Hood that they are on an Army sponsored, CVB approved, 180 day pilot program. The ticket writers are capable of printing out both 1805's and 1408's. They then go online to a secure website and enter in the probable cause statement. So if everything goes well, we may be seeing these electronic ticket writers at an installation near you!
        I think that the eTicket systems are a great tool. They not only save time, they tend to help with issues that come up with illegible PC statements that barely fit onto the back of a violation notice. Top it off; it took me months to find a pen that would work on the backs: Space Pens are the way to go if you’re wondering.

My only concern and perhaps this is showing my age is that with a new gadget, some cops tend to get distracted by them and drop their focus on potential roadside threats: driver/passengers, passer bys, traffic and the like.

To add to this, regardless of the technology, I have always advocated keeping your notebook current and to make complete entries regarding field contacts (tickets, warning and the like) in the event the system crashes or the office misplaces your paperwork.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
          Space Pens are the way to go if you’re wondering.
          Best 11 bucks I ever spent.
          RIP Cpl Chris Singer (USMC)

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
            There is a company out there, Brekford Technologies that has a system that was blessed off on by CVB to do E-Tickets. Ft Meade, Ft Belvoir, Andrews AFB, U.S. Park Police NSA Police and several others are using the system. I talked to Travis Hudson from the company, he is the Director of Federal sales, and he emailed me a handy dandy packet, with all the information so we can start looking into the system. Ft Hood is using a system similar from another vendor, but from what I understand they are having issues..
            With 100% certainty Fort Meade and NSA Police definitely are not on the E-ticket system. I backed up USPP the other day on Baltimore/Washington Parkway and he was still pen whipping. But it's possible that only certain USPP units there have them.
            Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

We are supposed to have that soon. There is a training program that is being cycled through now with this eticket. Who knows when it will be up an running at capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
                With 100% certainty Fort Meade and NSA Police definitely are not on the E-ticket system. I backed up USPP the other day on Baltimore/Washington Parkway and he was still pen whipping. But it's possible that only certain USPP units there have them.
                No kidding...............have to ask the sales rep about that...........not that he would knowingly withhold the truth for the sale.
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6352 users online. 364 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X