300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    All LEO's going to ILEA know better than to speed on base....................the NG Police officers have orders to bang the heck out of student at the academy-----------either pre-service or in service!!!!!!!!
    Funny you should mention that, I hear FLW is the sameway with LE folks.....funnier thing is, I stopped one of the active-duty K-9 Sgts on his way back to the post from picking up a new dog at Lackland a while back. I asked him about this "zero tolerence" policy they have on post and asked him if he would like me to take a zero tolerence stance on his violation......he quickly threw his Top Sgt. under the bus and said they all have to follow orders........needless to say I shook his hand, thanked him for his service and sent him on his merry way.

Its a shame some places/people have to be that way.....
    Last edited by statebear; 06-11-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by statebear View Post
      they start out at 60K+ a year
      They do....thats why the last UP and BNSF openings in KC had a crap ton of local LEOs applying for 1-2 spots..... Once folks get hired on....they never leave.

They get a patrol area, a take-home, good training, good equipment, and pretty much are left alone to do their job........

Comment

he quickly threw his Top Sgt. under the bus and said they all have to follow orders.........
        You're prior military....so you know how it goes. Some asshat that hasn't work the road in years gets put in charge.....resents the locals....and puts out silly policies to write everyone......or else.

Luckily....they don't do that out here because without HPD....they would be screwed.....especially with some of the issues they are having now......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          They get a patrol area, a take-home, good training, good equipment, and pretty much are left alone to do their job........
          That's exactly what my job is like now....

Comment

You're prior military....so you know how it goes. Some asshat that hasn't work the road in years gets put in charge.....resents the locals....and puts out silly policies to write everyone......or else.
            Glad I never had to deal with that crap......Back in my day, we would bend over backwards to help out the locals and in turn they would do the same. It would be nothing for the NJSP to stop by the gate and visit with you for a few or even roadside if you were taking an off base road to the other side of the base. The township guys were the same.......

Wish I could say the same for the your DoD bros over on Dix, them dudes....... saying they were "unfriendly", would be putting it mildly.....

Comment

That's exactly what my job is like now....
              Yeah....but you still have to deal with The Patrol's politics....and you know that....

You tick someone off and your *** could be in the Bootheel in Troop E.....or up in the far reaches of NE MO in Troop B in some craphole County..... hating life. I've seen it happen before.....

Comment

Glad I never had to deal with that crap......Back in my day, we would bend over backwards to help out the locals and in turn they would do the same. It would be nothing for the NJSP to stop by the gate and visit with you for a few or even roadside if you were taking an off base road to the other side of the base. The township guys were the same.......

Wish I could say the same for the your DoD bros over on Dix, them dudes....... saying they were "unfriendly", would be putting it mildly.....
                From what I've seen out here....its pretty good. The idiot Contracted Gate Guards give them (and Feds for that matter) fits for their stupidity on who can/can't come on post.....

Nothing like talking to the US Marshal (who is a good friend of mine) and trying to help him find the right folks to make sure his guys could get on post to do EP missions for visiting VIPs that they are responsible for that are using Military Transport out here....... Or hearing about HPD being denied entry when they are trying to serve a TRO or an arrest warrant because the Gate Guards are being stupid......

At Riley they had a really, really good relationship with the locals.....

Not sure about anywhere else..... But, if I was a DES Director or Assistant Director, one of the first places I would be heading would be to see the area Agency Heads and the area Sheriffs to get on the same sheet of music with them.....on all sorts of stuff.

Sad thing is, most don't think that way........

Comment

Yeah....but you still have to deal with The Patrol's politics....and you know that....

You tick someone off and your *** could be in the Bootheel in Troop E.....or up in the far reaches of NE MO in Troop B in some craphole County..... hating life. I've seen it happen before.....
                  I don't have to worry about any of that.........I'm a good Trooper...

Comment

Not sure about anywhere else..... But, if I was a DES Director or Assistant Director, one of the first places I would be heading would be to see the area Agency Heads and the area Sheriffs to get on the same sheet of music with them.....on all sorts of stuff.
                    Exactly!

Comment

I don't have to worry about any of that.........I'm a good Trooper...
                      Keep your pecker in your pants...... and don't **** your CPT off......and you should be fine....

I'd hang myself before I was sent to E.....but thats just me. What a nightmare that would be....... At least with B, you're in some nice area and meth isn't as bad.....

Comment

I'm working an hour south of MacDill and have *yet* to run into any active duty airmen.

I did have to call up there one night looking for info on some troop based up there that we had charges on. Lets just say that all 11 people I spoke with were less than helpful. It was a complete waste of time. I assume that their police station, or security office, or whatever they call it, is a hot mess.

In the Army, we had rosters for every swinging d-ick who was assigned to a particular installation. Evidenty, the AF does not b ecause no one could help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                          Evidenty, the AF does not b ecause no one could help me out.
                          Since its CENTCOM HQ, I doubt they know everyone on the installation.... I would suspect some of the secret squirrel units there don't let that info go out.....and just have their folks with CAC Cards and post decals......

I know when I was at one of my Access Control Points out here a while back, the Contract Guards were having issues about rosters..... Units supposed to send them to us and never did.... Or, if we had them on file, they were 2 years old....... and we've got 5-6 non-AF units on the installation.

That place has probably got a ton of non-AF units....

Comment

ops, so is this statutory powers ting something that would happen soon or are we talking some time down the road and what would the timeline back for the back up weapon and would it be our personal or issued?

Comment

DACP, just received an email from FOP and they implied that 324 might take several years to pass, any word from on high about what the chances are?

Comment

The is federal caselaw saying an apprehension is an arrest. The Government does not distinguish between the two. Yet the military is so hung up on the word. It makes me sick. I left DoD after 4 years of caring about statutory arrest powers, HR 218 and does it apply to me? PCA does it apply to us or not...Pft I said screw it and left. As a cop I should be worrying about my saftey, doing my job and putting food on the table for my family not fighting with my agency executives over whether im a cop or not and trying to get bare basics every other cop gets like carrying off duty. Be Safe.
                                Good Enough For Government Work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4598 users online. 254 members and 4344 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X