Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Military LEOs using MDTs with NCIC hookups?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Military LEOs using MDTs with NCIC hookups?

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for some Depts out there who are using MDTs and who have access to NCIC. I would like to present my department with some other military departments out there, their equipment and an estimated budget required to implement such a system. Were a pretty decent sized dept with a good sized case load and I think MDTs would be perfectly justified just need some resources to get the ball rolling.

Fort Bragg has them....I would suspect Fort Hood has them as well... Hell, Belvior probably has them a well since all three are running motorcycle units now....

I'm assuming you are at JBPH...?

Comment

Hey Bearcat,
      Yeah I'm attached to PHH. Your off Hickam too right? God, motors would be great. One step at a time though. I'm just interested in MDTs, getting rid of impalas, installing cages, and regaining jurisdiction on old property. I would love to know how these Depts went about ascertaining their equipment.

Comment

yes we do have them.
        Ft Bragg that is

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        Fort Bragg has them....I would suspect Fort Hood has them as well... Hell, Belvior probably has them a well since all three are running motorcycle units now....

I'm assuming you are at JBPH...?
        if the lights go on someone is paying the bill.

Comment

@Armymp
          How long have you had them? Are you able to provide resources your department used in ascertaining them? Estimated cost of initial setup, upkeep, and maintenance? Any help that can be provided is appreciated. Either through pm or here to avoid broadcasting the information.

Comment

Originally posted by d.dino325 View Post
            Your off Hickam too right?

Yeah...but with PACAF HQ. Not operational at the moment......

I would love to know how these Depts went about ascertaining their equipment.
            ] No clue. When I was LE Manager for Army Pacific, Hawaii tried to get stuff like that but got shot down.... and not a thing I could do for them. Money wasn't there. I'd love to find out where Hood and Bragg are getting their additional funding....

Are you a MA or DON.....? We had one of your DON "Brothers" on here for a while acting like a tool and I helped make him go away..... Silly bastard..... Don't lie to folks on here that know better when it comes to pay and jurisdiction.....especially out here.....

Comment

Fort Hood has them. This has a basic overview but it is a few years old. http://www.wireless.att.com/business...ase_Study_3.29

Comment

@Bearcat
                I'm an MA. Yeah there's always that %1 who get through the cracks and make the rest of the organization look terrible. I can name a few actually. Nevertheless hopefully with the JB'ing, bigger budget among other changes otw the funding will come and the essential equipment as well. Can only hope at this point though.

@DA POLICE
                Thank you sir. That PDF is a great start. We don't cover a jurisdiction nearly as large as that but we do cover quite a bit of off-base property which I do think warrants atleast the consideration of implementing such a system. Thanks again

Comment

Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst has them as does Picatinny Arsenal.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

We have them, and use them as a door stop at dispatch, that is no joke either. They were put in once, taken out, put back in, then taken out when it was discovered the MP's were (gasp) driving around post finding unsecure WiFi, and surfing the net. There is talk about putting them back in, but so far no action has been taken. Some of the cars have everything to put them in, some need stuff installed. Will have to wait and see what is decided.

There is a company out there, Brekford Technologies that has a system that was blessed off on by CVB to do E-Tickets. Ft Meade, Ft Belvoir, Andrews AFB, U.S. Park Police NSA Police and several others are using the system. I talked to Travis Hudson from the company, he is the Director of Federal sales, and he emailed me a handy dandy packet, with all the information so we can start looking into the system. Ft Hood is using a system similar from another vendor, but from what I understand they are having issues.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Back in the day, DOIM was more concerned with COPS system getting secured and not floating through open airwaves. What they didn't understand was that NCIC waves had been traveling through the air forever from county and state agencies. Resistant to change, I guess.

Ft Polk has a motors unit. They were trying to get MDTs back when I was there 11 years ago but the powers at be didn't like the idea of COPS system being sent through air waves and patrolmen typing reports in their cars. I guess it made more sense to pull a unit off the road and sit him in the station to write their reports. Ridiculous.

If you dont want Impalas, what kind of car are you looking for?

Comment

Hey Bearcat,
                        Yeah I'm attached to PHH. Your off Hickam too right? God, motors would be great. One step at a time though. I'm just interested in MDTs, getting rid of impalas, installing cages, and regaining jurisdiction on old property. I would love to know how these Depts went about ascertaining their equipment.
                        Unfortunately you have to get someone with balls to make changes like you want. EVERYTHING you want is out there, and there is no reason why you should not have it. The brass can take the no money in the budget excuse and shove it, officer safety has no price. GSA can get you any of the police package vehicles out there; hell if you are willing to pay they can even get you a Mustang or Camarro it is whatever the unit can justify. The jurisdiction issue you will need to take up with Jag, they will have to dig to see why or how the area was given to someone else. One avenue you might want to try is post safety, present them with the case that not having cages in the vehicle is a safety hazard, if they buy into it they can fund the cost of getting them.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                          If you dont want Impalas, what kind of car are you looking for?
                          We had to fight tooth and nail to not be issued Chargers this last batch of vehicle turn-ins. So there is at least one other sedan option in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Police_0083 View Post
                            We had to fight tooth and nail to not be issued Chargers this last batch of vehicle turn-ins. So there is at least one other sedan option in the system.
                            Whats wrong with the Chargers? don't think the Fords (new) have much more room that the impala.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                              Whats wrong with the Chargers? don't think the Fords (new) have much more room that the impala.
                              Nothing against the Charger's just trying not to re-invent the wheel more than you already have to with model year changes as far as equipment IE: cages/radio consoles/eyewitness systems etc.

I'll give you a perfect example we just turned in a bunch of our 4x4 SUV's and we are getting crew cab 4x4 pick-ups in replacement. Fortunately it looks like we are going to be able to plug & play most of our current equipment with the exception of the long arm & equipment boxes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4273 users online. 213 members and 4060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X