X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DACP
    replied
    Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
    If I'm president, there is going to be some serious consolidation.

I'm going to form a single PD called "We Patrol all the crap around DC Department"
    I know, we could call it DOD Police.

Leave a comment:

• Dingo990
    replied
    If I'm president, there is going to be some serious consolidation.

I'm going to form a single PD called "We Patrol all the crap around DC Department"

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    yeah, there's a bunch in that boat here as well.

the local civic leaders are tripping over themselves to kiss the Joint bases' *** for jobs...

M-11
    I've got my resume pulled for a few jobs....and have done 2-3 interviews with hopefully the big one next week....

GS-14/Navy Yard in DC/ATFP Ashore Program Manager. The Navy Capt said, unlike the AF, that these types of positions are a priority and wouldn't go away to due to cutbacks.....

PACAF got hammered because of the damn earthquake.......

Leave a comment:

• M-11
    replied
    yeah, there's a bunch in that boat here as well.

the local civic leaders are tripping over themselves to kiss the Joint bases' *** for jobs...

M-11

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    You can't hold an honest job for a year can you?

You are the reason we can't get a fix onm unemployment numbers...

M-11
    I've been here almost 2 years.... but not going anywhere fast.... I expect a RIF notice very soon.....

Leave a comment:

• M-11
    replied
    You can't hold an honest job for a year can you?

You are the reason we can't get a fix onm unemployment numbers...

M-11

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Do you have your name in????
    Chief...? No.....

Deputy Director of Emergency Serivces (Series 0301 GS-14)....? Yes...

That would be a grade above the Chief.....

I've been certified already for 2 places as Deputy DES..... Who knows if I will get them..... but @ one place would take it and run..... Bastards have BMW Motors for patrol....

Though, I just got certified and have an interview with the Navy next week in regards to a GS-14 job back in DC.... And yes, I will take it if offered. It's a primo freaking job......with about 60% travel around the world to Navy/USMC bases.....making sure their AT programs are up to par with Navy/DOD regs.....

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    That would have been the smartest thing to do..... But I can only suspect that the Army saw a chance to put their own people in there and went for it......

Amazing how common sense DOD doesn't have at most times.......

Do you have your name in????

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    I am suprised they just didnt make this a sector for Pentagon police to patrol
    That would have been the smartest thing to do..... But I can only suspect that the Army saw a chance to put their own people in there and went for it......

Amazing how common sense DOD doesn't have at most times.......

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by DACP View Post
    I would think the job would be more of an 0085, than a 0083, cant see as much to enforce there.
    I rode with a buddy who works for USPP when he was on Special Assignment @ ANC..... Had a great time but all we did was drive around the cemetary and play tour guide for lost folks.....and yelled at Taxi Drivers for being idiots out front.....

It was great to see the behind the scenes stuff since we were mobile and could do it..... but I would suspect you would be bored out of your skull 99.9% of the time on shift....

They had contracted guards at the ACPs..... Not sure what's up with those since I haven't been there in over 2 years. I know the Army is eventually replacing them all with 0085s. Hopefully, they will stick 0085s at the front of that place now.....as the idiots they have there now are retards from some security company that USPP contracted....and not on the normal Army ACP Contract.......
    Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied
    I would think the job would be more of an 0085, than a 0083, cant see as much to enforce there.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
    I thought that it has been that way since at least 2008. I remember chatting with a female DACP who was on their SRT.
    I have no clue. I thought they got rid of their DoD back in the 90's when they went with USPP there. I know Arlington Hall which is by there (HQ's National Guard Bureau) has its own DACP with SRT as does Ft. Myers- Henderson Hall.

As far as the TS clearance goes, Pentagon police do not need a TS with the exception of certain jobs. Iam suprised they just didnt make this a sector for Pentagon police to patrol

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied
    Why would they have an SRT? Is it due to the dignitaries? But even then they generally have their own protection with them? Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• sgt jon
    replied
    Just saw posting

Looks like USPP was kicked out and the army is hiring an 0083 chief and 2 Watch captains.. Suprised they just didnt get a patrol service from Ft. Myer DES. Even more suprising is that they are requiring a TS for the position.

Police Department, Directorate of Emergency Services, Arlington National Cemetery
    Actually, I am not that surprised they (ANC) are looking for the candidates to have/obtain a TS given the proximity of the Cemetery to the Pentagon; likely scope of involvement with dignitaries visiting and such.

I will be interested to see how the ANC Police play into the mix of other police entities in the surrounding area. It will certainly be a unique mission there.

Leave a comment:

• Re-Birth
    replied
    Looks like USPP was kicked out and the army is hiring an 0083 chief and 2 Watch captains.. Suprised they just didnt get a patrol service from Ft. Myer DES. Even more suprising is that they are requiring a TS for the position.

Police Department, Directorate of Emergency Services, Arlington National Cemetery
    I thought that it has been that way since at least 2008. I remember chatting with a female DACP who was on their SRT.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3849 users online. 261 members and 3588 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X