Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arlington National Cemetery Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
    If I'm president, there is going to be some serious consolidation.

    I'm going to form a single PD called "We Patrol all the crap around DC Department"
    I know, we could call it DOD Police.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      That would have been the smartest thing to do..... But I can only suspect that the Army saw a chance to put their own people in there and went for it......

      Amazing how common sense DOD doesn't have at most times.......
      The "issue" with making it a PFPA patrol area is that its not Pentagon property, though I guess they could pull it into their beat by virtue of it being DoD.

      As for SRT, they, like other facilities need to have the capability; even if the need is remote.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

      Comment


      • #18
        I haven't seen the posting on USAJOBS yet. But are they hiring 0083 Officers or just Capt and Director.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by protect/serve View Post
          I haven't seen the posting on USAJOBS yet. But are they hiring 0083 Officers or just Capt and Director.
          Unless your a vet or fed employee, you wont. They are hiring 2 captains and a chief.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            Unless your a vet or fed employee, you wont. They are hiring 2 captains and a chief.
            I am currently an 0083 and a vet. But I was wondering if they are going to hire 0083's too.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
              The "issue" with making it a PFPA patrol area is that its not Pentagon property, though I guess they could pull it into their beat by virtue of it being DoD.

              I don't think it would have been that hard to get PFPA to cover the place..... At most 1-2 cars up there....and that's it. When I rode with USPP up there, we were it and never did a thing other than give directions and write some cits to taxis being stupid and not obeying things......


              Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
              As for SRT, they, like other facilities need to have the capability; even if the need is remote.
              Or just do like they do out here...... Get DOD to decertify the teams because management has their head so far up their asses its not even funny and have the locals handle things......

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Or just do like they do out here...... Get DOD to decertify the teams because management has their head so far up their asses its not even funny and have the locals handle things......
                Thought by Regulation, it was the DES director (or PM) that certified his team. How do the locals handle it? we were told no way in hell can that happen, but then again we have some big tools in our tool box
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DACP View Post
                  Thought by Regulation, it was the DES director (or PM) that certified his team. How do the locals handle it? we were told no way in hell can that happen, but then again we have some big tools in our tool box
                  New PM/DES Director showed up and decertified them after she took command.

                  They are working on building a new team but since the Chief is on Admin Leave for a bunch of BS stuff......and the Ops Officer/Assistant DES Director are freaking tool bags..... I doubt anything will be happening soon....

                  So, they had no other option but to go with Hono PD.......

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    GS-14/Navy Yard in DC/ATFP Ashore Program Manager. The Navy Capt said, unlike the AF, that these types of positions are a priority and wouldn't go away to due to cutbacks.....
                    That sounds like the security officer position. You would be over the entire NDW police department.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by protect/serve View Post
                      I am currently an 0083 and a vet. But I was wondering if they are going to hire 0083's too.
                      Couldnt tell you. It could be in 2 weeks or 2 years.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        We are still there at the ANC. 1/4 to 1/3 of the land on the ANC belongs to the NPS.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JadedUSPP View Post
                          We are still there at the ANC. 1/4 to 1/3 of the land on the ANC belongs to the NPS.
                          Who's going to win the fight when there is a dead body or a rape at ANC....and someone needs to take the lead....? That's the big question........

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                            That sounds like the security officer position. You would be over the entire NDW police department.
                            Not sure what it is.....but the silly SOBs seem to want to interview me for it a final time sometime next week....

                            They act like it's more AT/FP stuff for the ashore program since it's with NAVFAC.....and not just working NDW........ Travel is about 60%......

                            And yes, I will leave PACAF to take a 14 job.......

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              Who's going to win the fight when there is a dead body or a rape at ANC....and someone needs to take the lead....? That's the big question........
                              There you go Bearcat...we all know it will be NCIS

                              As for the question about 0083's (rank and file outside command staff) if the way DA has done before is an indicator, they will get the cadre set and work on batch hires from there; could be 6 months or more.
                              Originally posted by SSD
                              It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                              And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                                there you go bearcat...we all know it will be ncis
                                lol......

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5416 users online. 320 members and 5096 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X