300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington National Cemetery Police

Looks like USPP was kicked out and the army is hiring an 0083 chief and 2 Watch captains.. Suprised they just didnt get a patrol service from Ft. Myer DES. Even more suprising is that they are requiring a TS for the position.

Police Department, Directorate of Emergency Services, Arlington National Cemetery
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Looks like USPP was kicked out and the army is hiring an 0083 chief and 2 Watch captains.. Suprised they just didnt get a patrol service from Ft. Myer DES. Even more suprising is that they are requiring a TS for the position.

Police Department, Directorate of Emergency Services, Arlington National Cemetery
    I thought that it has been that way since at least 2008. I remember chatting with a female DACP who was on their SRT.
    Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

Just saw posting

Actually, I am not that surprised they (ANC) are looking for the candidates to have/obtain a TS given the proximity of the Cemetery to the Pentagon; likely scope of involvement with dignitaries visiting and such.

I will be interested to see how the ANC Police play into the mix of other police entities in the surrounding area. It will certainly be a unique mission there.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Why would they have an SRT? Is it due to the dignitaries? But even then they generally have their own protection with them? Interesting.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
          I thought that it has been that way since at least 2008. I remember chatting with a female DACP who was on their SRT.
          I have no clue. I thought they got rid of their DoD back in the 90's when they went with USPP there. I know Arlington Hall which is by there (HQ's National Guard Bureau) has its own DACP with SRT as does Ft. Myers- Henderson Hall.

As far as the TS clearance goes, Pentagon police do not need a TS with the exception of certain jobs. Iam suprised they just didnt make this a sector for Pentagon police to patrol
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I would think the job would be more of an 0085, than a 0083, cant see as much to enforce there.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
              I would think the job would be more of an 0085, than a 0083, cant see as much to enforce there.
              I rode with a buddy who works for USPP when he was on Special Assignment @ ANC..... Had a great time but all we did was drive around the cemetary and play tour guide for lost folks.....and yelled at Taxi Drivers for being idiots out front.....

It was great to see the behind the scenes stuff since we were mobile and could do it..... but I would suspect you would be bored out of your skull 99.9% of the time on shift....

They had contracted guards at the ACPs..... Not sure what's up with those since I haven't been there in over 2 years. I know the Army is eventually replacing them all with 0085s. Hopefully, they will stick 0085s at the front of that place now.....as the idiots they have there now are retards from some security company that USPP contracted....and not on the normal Army ACP Contract.......
              Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I am suprised they just didnt make this a sector for Pentagon police to patrol
                That would have been the smartest thing to do..... But I can only suspect that the Army saw a chance to put their own people in there and went for it......

Amazing how common sense DOD doesn't have at most times.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                  That would have been the smartest thing to do..... But I can only suspect that the Army saw a chance to put their own people in there and went for it......

Amazing how common sense DOD doesn't have at most times.......

Do you have your name in????
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    Do you have your name in????
                    Chief...? No.....

Deputy Director of Emergency Serivces (Series 0301 GS-14)....? Yes...

That would be a grade above the Chief.....

I've been certified already for 2 places as Deputy DES..... Who knows if I will get them..... but @ one place would take it and run..... Bastards have BMW Motors for patrol....

Though, I just got certified and have an interview with the Navy next week in regards to a GS-14 job back in DC.... And yes, I will take it if offered. It's a primo freaking job......with about 60% travel around the world to Navy/USMC bases.....making sure their AT programs are up to par with Navy/DOD regs.....

Comment

You can't hold an honest job for a year can you?

You are the reason we can't get a fix onm unemployment numbers...

M-11
                      “All men dream...... But not equally..
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                        You can't hold an honest job for a year can you?

You are the reason we can't get a fix onm unemployment numbers...

M-11
                        I've been here almost 2 years.... but not going anywhere fast.... I expect a RIF notice very soon.....

Comment

yeah, there's a bunch in that boat here as well.

the local civic leaders are tripping over themselves to kiss the Joint bases' *** for jobs...

M-11
                          “All men dream...... But not equally..
                          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                            yeah, there's a bunch in that boat here as well.

the local civic leaders are tripping over themselves to kiss the Joint bases' *** for jobs...

M-11
                            I've got my resume pulled for a few jobs....and have done 2-3 interviews with hopefully the big one next week....

GS-14/Navy Yard in DC/ATFP Ashore Program Manager. The Navy Capt said, unlike the AF, that these types of positions are a priority and wouldn't go away to due to cutbacks.....

PACAF got hammered because of the damn earthquake.......

Comment

If I'm president, there is going to be some serious consolidation.

I'm going to form a single PD called "We Patrol all the crap around DC Department"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5943 users online. 300 members and 5643 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X