300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furlough and Emergency Essential 0083's

Can't believe there isn't a thread on this already. What is everyone hearing out there from their respective branches of DoD? I personally work for the Army and if anyone is familar with cpol.army.mil and the MY BIZ section you can log in and see all your personnel data. It lists me as not designated in an emergency essential key position. This is something I have brought up before to management and the union and they kind of give me that far away glazed look. "Your a Police Officer you are Emergency Essential." Gee it would be nice to actually see that in writing somewhere since as far as I can tell HR considers us all non emergency essential personnel. It has never been a real problem before now, people show up for recalls and during snow days. Today we were briefed at roll call that if the G shuts down we are required to still work however we will not be paid until a budget passes for FY 11 and will be paid retroactively at some point. Here is my concern and the reason for this post. Your telling me I have to work but won't be paid, but since I am emergency essential I will be paid retroactively at some unknown time in the future. However the only hard information I can find from HR designates me as non-emergency essential. Thoughts from other 0083's?

Our command is pretty much the same. We have been told we are required to work, and will eventually get paid. Otherwise, no solid information.

Comment

http://www.opm.gov/furlough/

Q: How will employees be notified whether they have been designated to be handling "excepted" or "non-excepted" functions?
      A: Each Agency will communicate with its employees regarding the method and timing of notification of whether they have been designated as an excepted or non-excepted employee.

Q: Are all employees who qualify as "emergency employees" for the purpose of weather emergencies considered to be "excepted employees" for the purpose of a shutdown furlough?
      A: Not necessarily. "Emergency employees" are those employees who must report for work in emergency situations-e.g., severe weather conditions, air pollution, power failures, interruption of public transportation, and other situations in which significant numbers of employees are prevented from reporting for work or which require agencies to close all or part of their activities. Emergency employees are not automatically deemed excepted employees for purposes of shutdown furloughs. Each agency must determine which employees are excepted employees.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Only real updated guidance we have received this morning is somewhere somebody is working on a list of excepted and non-excepted personnel. If the shutdown occurs we will all be briefed on who is to report to work. Monkey ****ing a football comes to mind watching these directorates try and talk to each other. They can't figure out if anyone will be able to work overtime. There is no way we can meet manning numbers without multiple officers working over time every shift. In no small part due to the fact we have been under a hiring freeze for months now. Boss called a meeting and told everyone who has projected leave coming up you might still be able to take it but won't be able to use annual leave so your just not going to get paid on days you take leave.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Police_0083 View Post
          Only real updated guidance we have received this morning is somewhere somebody is working on a list of excepted and non-excepted personnel. If the shutdown occurs we will all be briefed on who is to report to work. Monkey ****ing a football comes to mind watching these directorates try and talk to each other. They can't figure out if anyone will be able to work overtime. There is no way we can meet manning numbers without multiple officers working over time every shift. In no small part due to the fact we have been under a hiring freeze for months now. Boss called a meeting and told everyone who has projected leave coming up you might still be able to take it but won't be able to use annual leave so your just not going to get paid on days you take leave.
          If you have a pd handy you should see that you are emergency essential. How is your manning done? Do you have dispatchers or P/O's run the desk? If its dispatcher's you might end up having them furloughed along with the people who issue decals (if your still doing it) or CAC's.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Latest update. All Police Officers are "Exempted" status we are to report as scheduled. All leaves, TDY etc are cancelled. We will not be paid until a budget is passed. Of course this all hinges on the fact that nothing gets resolved prior to midnight. For those of you that have done this before, if this becomes a protracted situation over weeks not days or potentially months, what are your options if you are deemed exempted? If we go one pay period without getting paid there are legitmately people that will not be able to afford to put gas in their car to get to work. I am having a hard time figuring out out regardless of Mission Essential status how management is going to tell hundreds of civilians to show up to work and potentially not get paid for some time. Do they have statutory authority for something like this?

Comment

Haven't been through this before. About half of the 83s I work with are also retired military (I'm prior service but not retired). I wonder if those who receive both a paycheck and retirement check will get paid. I guess if it's too much of an issue, you could always quit. I'll see what happens soon.

Comment

DA_Police_0083,

We are in a simliar boat as you on the USMC side. Everyone is expected to report; but no one from higher has given any official guidence as to what's going to happen, besides what's posted on OPM. This sucks, no bones about it. I'm getting more and more P.O.'d at the Big G every day for their lack of forethought, guidence, and the utter selfishness of our elected leaders who will still be paid anyway.

For those of you that have been saying "No worries, we're going to be back-paid anyway": Have you considered the little fact that when we EVENTUALLY are, we will all be raped on taxes due to the extra earnings being crammed all into one check?

And for those of you who are all screaming for a shut down.......for those of you in favor of messing with the livelihood of all Federal employees...... (And I know that a few of you are out there, because you already posted in favor of one) Know and believe this: May your heart shut down after your next high-speed chase. Sleep tight, now.....
                Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

It is more likely to be resolved by next pay period rather than not, if it does happen. However, should this go the long-haul then it may come to the "hard decision" time. I too have some very strong feelings about this budget process, and expected this to have been resolved when it was supposed to have been last year (imagine if we common folk operated this way). We had challenges before in our country, but it seems like so much is happening here and abroad all at once, and with frequency. Gives you alot to consider.

Comment

It seems a shut down has been averted, thanks to a last minute deal by our elected Drama Queens. Thanks for behaving like a bunch of 2 year old children......... Morons.
                    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Hmmm some how I mised this thread, any how as an 83, I was notified that I along with the rest of our Traffic section would be sitting at the house. Obviously OBE but now the issue this week is, is the section realy needed if they were to be sent home.
                      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

we were told we would be at work and we would get paid later but we had to be there.
                        if the lights go on someone is paying the bill.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6684 users online. 356 members and 6328 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X