Fort Sam Houston AFB Police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Sam Houston AFB Police

I just got a tentative selection for Police officer for this base. Does anyone know what the AF process entails mainly Timeline, Process and physical agility test.

Yes I know it will be a pay cut for me, but job satisfaction is what I am looking for.

Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
    I just got a tentative selection for Police officer for this base. Does anyone know what the AF process entails mainly Timeline, Process and physical agility test.

Yes I know it will be a pay cut for me, but job satisfaction is what I am looking for.
    You should be set up at your closest base to have a pt test done and physical done. Then it should be a paperwork transfer. They will send you to the VA police academy for 8 weeks in Little Rock Ark.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Isn't the Basic Police Officer Course still 5 weeks?

Comment

8 weeks now.

Comment

What are the requirements for the physical agility? Is there a body fat % you have to be at like the navy police? How long does the process usually take?

Comment

What are the requirements for the physical agility? Is there a body fat % you have to be at like the navy police? How long does the process usually take?
            The navy police dont do a body fat test that is the USMC police. The pt test for the af is a 1.5 mile run in 18 minutes, a sprinit, push ups and sit ups... New rules went into effect requiring that employees be hired on within 80 days of selection.

Comment

Wow 80 days that is quick. That is probably why they picked me since I had a secret clearance with BOP already. Orlandofed5-0 do you have a link to where they show the pt requirements for all events?

Comment

Wow 80 days that is quick. That is probably why they picked me since I had a secret clearance with BOP already. Orlandofed5-0 do you have a link to where they show the pt requirements for all events?
                Not off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD View Post
                  8 weeks now.
                  When did this change go into effect?

Comment

Originally posted by I0347 View Post
                    When did this change go into effect?
                    October

Comment

Anymore advice for me, while you guys squabble over the academy training time?

Comment

Hi Raider,

Both inputs are correct...the AF has two courses at VaLETC at Little Rock...one a 5 week course for active duty installations, the other an 8 week course just for reserve bases.

The reserves move more of their training to the formal side at VaLETC, while the Active Duty bases will require more training prior to posting when you return from formal training.

After the conditional offer, you'll be required to get a private Dr to say you're okay medically to do the PAT test, and after you pass the PAT, the AF will provide a medical screening by an AF doctor. The reason for the two step process is that many people fail the test, and the medical screenings by AF/military doctors is costly.

The PAT is 29 sit ups, and 21 push ups, a 300 meter sprint in 81 seconds, and a 1.5 mile run in 17:30. Not too difficult.

So, if your private physician says you’re healthy enough to do the PAT, and you pass…and then you pass the medical screening --- you have a job!

I would like to know what sort of interview you had --- or was the selection done without an interview? Did they give you any sort of screening test to complete?
                        Thanks,

Comment

Matt,

No I just got the email saying I was tentatively selected and to reply all to the email that I accept. I did not have an interview. What about the background investigation doesn't that take some time? Or have they done a preliminary background already?

Comment

background investigation

Matt,

No I just got the email saying I was tentatively selected and to reply all to the email that I accept. I did not have an interview. What about the background investigation doesn't that take some time? Or have they done a preliminary background already?
                            Background investigations don't take meaningful time. The security clearance does takes time, but doesn't prevent you from training/posting...I thought that they would interview...and there is a short assessment that they usually give.

Comment

How long does it take to be contacted after the Tentative offer?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4870 users online. 142 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X