Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I heard, I have a few co-workers who migrated up north from Killeen. Personally, I dont know why they left.
    Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
      Yeah I heard, I have a few co-workers who migrated up north from Killeen. Personally, I dont know why they left.
      After looking at what they have.....One would be a fool to leave there if they were wanting to stay a DAP......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        and the other falls under U.S. Army Sustainment Command.... .

Would that one put you at RIA?
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Would that one put you at RIA?
          Yes....

Comment

They've had (2) 1811 jobs pop up on USAJOBs and I got my resume pulled for the postions. Both were GS-13/14 gigs..... We shall see. They may have someone in mind. I would assume you guys would do the minor stuff and refer everything to their 1811s unless it hits CID level and they take over.... Who knows........

I'm in the running for Assistant DES at Hood. I'd love to have that job. They are getting a crap ton of money from somewhere... Hell, they have BMW Motorcycles for patrol and using both MPs and DAP for that unit..!
            you suck, No seriously you do
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
              you suck, No seriously you do
              Don't see motorcycles at your crap hole post.... :P

Comment

Don't see motorcycles at your crap hole post.... :P
                The Fort Hood Police Facebook page has some pictures up of the Motorcycles. I tried to post it on here but it wouldn't recognize the url so I had to post the links

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...332803&theater

Last edited by Re-Birth; 03-19-2011, 04:19 PM.
                Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

Whats up with the PR-24...
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I saw the PR too in the bike patrol pic, it's probably a MP thing cuz the guy wasn't wearing a DA Patch.

Comment

arresnt authoirty --- source of authoirty is the issue

The Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act of 2010 (concealed carry off duty) requires that the 083 arrest authority be statutory --- that is, embedded in law. Within DoD, only 083s in the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) and the National Security Agency (NSA) are given arrest authority in a LAW (i.e. statute). In the Air Force the arrest authority is provided --- not by law --- but delegated by the Installation Commander.

So, Air Force 083s do have arrest authority, but it is not derived by law, but by delegation. Therefore the LEOSA 2010 off duty carry provisions do not apply.

The Fraternal Order of Police is working to change the law to eliminate the words 'statutory arrest authoirty'...if they are successful, then LEOSA will apply.
                      Last edited by matbo911; 03-30-2011, 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by matbo911 View Post
                        The Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act of 2010 (concealed carry off duty) requires that the 083 arrest authority be statutory --- that is, embedded in law. Within DoD, only 083s in the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) and the National Security Agency (NSA) are given arrest authority in a LAW (i.e. statute). In the Air Force the arrest authority is provided --- not by law --- but delegated by the Installation Commander.

So, Air Force 083s do have arrest authority, but it is not derived by law, but by delegation. Therefore the LEOSA 2010 off duty carry provisions do not apply.

The Fraternal Order of Police is working to change the law to eliminate the words 'statutory arrest authoirty'...if they are successful, then LEOSA will apply.
                        First of all, welcome to O.Com.

Your wording, unfortunately, is completely incorrect. NO 0083 Army, Navy, USMC, OR Air Force Police Officer has "statutory power of arrest"; regardless of branch. Nor can the Installation Commander grant the power to "Arrest". Police Officers, MP's, Commissioned Officers, and NCO's have the power of apprehension, not arrest. The commander's authority and the power of apprehension is derived from the U.C.M.J. and the Manual for Courts Martial. I suggest you do more research before posting like this and trying to make it sound factual; especially being new to the forums.

The rest of your post is old news; I'm not sure why you're posting it. LEOSA policy and DoD officers has been discussed in multiple threads before this one. We are all painfully aware that LEOSA does not apply to us, yet. Again, do a thread search first.
                        Last edited by QuietPro; 03-30-2011, 02:02 AM.
                        Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
                          I suggest you do more research before posting like this and trying to make it sound factual; especially being new to the forums.
                          Errr....Situational Awareness..... Poster states that he is at the Pentagon and appears to work for USAF SF side of the house there in his profile......

Comment

^^^ I checked his profile first, Bearcat. The poster is a non-LEO with SF expereince.....but he claims he's an anaylist. Plus, he was talking about "Powers of Arrest" for the Air Force, when there is no such animal for the DoD branches.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
                              ^^^ I checked his profile first, Bearcat. The poster is a non-LEO with SF expereince.....but he claims he's an anaylist. Plus, he was talking about "Powers of Arrest" for the Air Force, when there is no such animal for the DoD branches.
                              0301 Analyst/Progam Manager can certainly work in the SF field at the funny building along the Potomac..... I work with them all the time......

Just sayin'......

Comment

^^^ Roger that. But still, the issue of Arrest vs. Apprehension remains.

I'm not calling the guy an idiot or trying to be dis-respectful to him. But it's important to point out that simple difference in those two terms has a dramatic affect on us here at our level. That's all I was saying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2881 users online. 191 members and 2690 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X