Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, RB. Best wishes on the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
      speaking of test case, there is a 1811 at my dept. that got caught up in the off-duty carry muck and is currently on admin duty until his situation is adjudicated, which will be in a few weeks. From the best of my knowledge, this will be the first judicial interpretation of DoD's status under the new LEOSA.
      He's an 1811, not an 0083. Does that have any bearing or effect on the situation as far as we're concerned? Knowing DoD, they would pull some crap like ultimately granting authority to CID, and not regular patrol officers....... 5 years from now.
      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

He is not CID, he is a DA Criminal Investigator and they get their authority from the same source that 0083's do—the installation Commander. He is not in the defense investigative services, he works for my department's MPI section. This is why he was placed on admin duty pending the results of the case. The DoD's issue is not about being on "patrol", it is about the source of the LEO's authority.
        Last edited by Re-Birth; 03-18-2011, 02:19 PM.
        Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

I didn't say the issue was about "Patrol". I said "patrol officers" because that is a common term for the uniformed patrolmen on base.

I didn't say this was a CID issue; I used them as an example to make a point. And I am aware of where they get their authority, thank you. You did not stipulate that we was a DA Criminal Investigator, either.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be combative, you asked if the fact that he was an 1811 had any bearing on the LEOSA situation. I simply opined that it does and gave a reason or two to support this opinion. I should have made it clear what kind of 1811 he was. I was assuming that when I said " a guy from my dept", that readers, being majority DoD LEO's, would eliminate all but the MPI/Detective level investigator—Again, sorry.
            Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

^^^ No harm done. Thanks for the clarification........

Comment

You sure they are an 1811? I have never met an MPI that fell into the 1811 job classification. I know some that would love it if they were 1811's, it would solve a lot of problems with state recognition for them.

Comment

There appears to be massive disparity from base-to-base, service-to-service with reference to titles, duties, functions, rates, etc. It's become a sloppy, confusing mess that some centralization of leadership and blanket authority would solve.

Comment

Yeah without question, I am 100% sure that our investigators are 1811's. It is relatively new to our department (less than 3 years) and I never inquired why they made the switch, but they are 1811 Criminal Investigators. Apparently, this is more unusual that I thought.
                    Last edited by Re-Birth; 03-19-2011, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LandGuppy View Post
                      You sure they are an 1811? I have never met an MPI that fell into the 1811 job classification. I know some that would love it if they were 1811's, it would solve a lot of problems with state recognition for them.
                      Plenty of them out there.... You just need to ask....

We had them (2) at Riley. If you look at USAJOBs they pop up from time-to-time.... I would suspect Hood has some...along with Bragg and elsewhere.....

My resume got pulled from CPOL for two GS-13/14 jobs....... one falls under DISA and the other falls under U.S. Army Sustainment Command.... Annoucement clearly states that while they are 1811s, everything still falls under AR-190-30....

Hire my ***, I will take the money and the 20 year retirement and run.......
                      Last edited by Bearcat357; 03-19-2011, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I0347 View Post
                        There appears to be massive disparity from base-to-base, service-to-service with reference to titles, duties, functions, rates, etc. It's become a sloppy, confusing mess that some centralization of leadership and blanket authority would solve.
                        I understand the need for some centralization but I also think that there are legitimate reasons for disparity. The law enforcement requirements of Fort Hood is completely different than Watervliet Arsenal. There are hundreds of Police Departments within the DoD, so I try not to think of the DoD as one Agency anymore than I would think of the Youngsville, Louisiana Police Dept being under the same umbrella and the NYPD. When you think of it that way, there is really no more disparity within the DoD LE Community than the civilian LE Community. You are always going to find differences between policing in rural townships and a urban metropolis or community policing a Canadian bordertown as opposed to a Mexican bordertown. Geography and culture define law enforcement behavior and actions far more than the name on a patch. I honestly do not think that a blanket authority would remedy this very much. On my base we have the NSA Police ( an Agency with full statutory authority, Fletc trained, and more money than they know what to do with) but they are Force Protection oriented and frequently require our assistance on some basic law enforcement 101 actions.
                        Last edited by Re-Birth; 03-19-2011, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                          Plenty of them out there.... You just need to ask....

My resume got pulled from CPOL for two GS-13/14 jobs....... one falls under DISA and the other falls under U.S. Army Sustainment Command.... Annoucement clearly states that while they are 1811s, everything still falls under AR-190-30
                          The DISA HQ has re-located to my base. Does that mean that you would have been back in the NCR if selected? Or were you going to one of the satellite locations?

Comment

The DISA HQ has re-located to my base. Does that mean that you would have been back in the NCR if selected? Or were you going to one of the satellite locations?
                            I'd be in your neck of the woods if I get the job at DISA's new HQ.... Hate to leave here....but it's a 13/14 spot.....

You know how that goes....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              I'd be in your neck of the woods if I get the job at DISA's new HQ.... Hate to leave here....but it's a 13/14 spot.....

You know how that goes....
                              No one has really informed us on our LE responsiblities at DISA, besides a few thefts and property damage, nothing major has happened there yet. But I always wondered who would process the more serious crimes—Now I know. Good luck with that and if that doesn't pan out, word has it, that our Chief has one foot in the retirement door and is set to leave by the summer. We could you use here...Just a thought

Comment

No one has really informed us on our LE responsiblities at DISA, besides a few thefts and property damage, nothing major has happened there yet. But I always wondered who would process the more serious crimes—Now I know. Good luck with that and if that doesn't pan out, word has it, that our Chief has one foot in the retirement door and is set to leave by the summer. We could you use here...Just a thought
                                They've had (2) 1811 jobs pop up on USAJOBs and I got my resume pulled for the postions. Both were GS-13/14 gigs..... We shall see. They may have someone in mind. I would assume you guys would do the minor stuff and refer everything to their 1811s unless it hits CID level and they take over.... Who knows........

I'm in the running for Assistant DES at Hood. I'd love to have that job. They are getting a crap ton of money from somewhere... Hell, they have BMW Motorcycles for patrol and using both MPs and DAP for that unit..!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2716 users online. 173 members and 2543 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X